Salary cap speculation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
boovey2006

Re: Salary cap speculation

Post by boovey2006 »

he probably is thats why i wrote ONE OF lol i think harris is a greta player
Boov-e
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Gibbo posted:
Hasnt dobson got squad number 20? :o
I just guessed at 37 based on recnet signings - he is squad number 20 in the list now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike posted:
Gibbo posted:
I just guessed at 37 based on recnet signings - he is squad number 20 in the list now.
Wonder why he got Danny's shirt number, and the previous signings didn't?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Mike posted:
Gibbo posted:
20/20 quota slot? I don't think any of the earlier signings would be 20/20 players, McAvoy perhaps being the exception (although I'm still not totally sure whether he's on loan or a signing, there were conflicting stories at the time). Dobson will be a 20/20 player, so that's my guess.

Edit - given the terms of the loan deal, meaning Sculthorpe couldn't be recalled, I'm not sure why they kept a number open for him this season in any case. Unless Castleford ended the loan deal then I can't think of any chance he would have had to claim his number.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
GeoffN posted:
Mike posted: I just guessed at 37 based on recnet signings - he is squad number 20 in the list now.
20/20 quota slot? I don't think any of the earlier signings would be 20/20 players, McAvoy perhaps being the exception (although I'm still not totally sure whether he's on loan or a signing, there were conflicting stories at the time). Dobson will be a 20/20 player, so that's my guess.

Edit - given the terms of the loan deal, meaning Sculthorpe couldn't be recalled, I'm not sure why they kept a number open for him this season in any case. Unless Castleford ended the loan deal then I can't think of any chance he would have had to claim his number.
I seem to remember the squad numbers had been announced before Danny's loan deal was arranged. dunno why it was kept open for him though.
Why not give Dobson the recently vacated #7 shirt?
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Radders was worth every penny of his £200K.

On a pro rata basis, Vaeliki should be on £12.50.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

the Jinkster is right, my calcualtions tell me we have a spot left and are a decent bit under yee ol cap.
most of the recent stop gap signings we made were bums (sorry lads) and we would be paying them variable buttons.
There is no chance Mo would break the cap now
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Mean Dean posted:
We know there are ways around the salary cap and them Wires must be doin it Gleeson Farfili Rahihi Briers they must be waell over.
what about saints to like long, wellens, lyon, cunningham, cayless, meli, adi g, hooper? no way is any of these players on 20k. i know lyon is deffo on 1500 a week.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

RAVINGWARRIOR posted:
Mean Dean posted:
We know there are ways around the salary cap and them Wires must be doin it Gleeson Farfili Rahihi Briers they must be waell over.
what about saints to like long, wellens, lyon, cunningham, cayless, meli, adi g, hooper? no way is any of these players on 20k. i know lyon is deffo on 1500 a week.
You should still be able to fit a reasonable number of well-paid players within the salary cap. You could have 23 players on the amount you're suggesting Lyon is on (20/20 rule notwithstanding...)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Yoko

you still got the decimal point in the wrong place should be £1.25
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White