Proud of the lads tonight!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Walking in a Wigan Wonderland!

Re: Proud of the lads toni...

Post by Walking in a Wigan Wonderland! »

i agree not many of us thought we could win tonight deep down but although we lost, we did it with dignity when many expected them to run riot and hammer us
i am proud of the lads and think if we play with that attitude every game, we'll be alrite :D
We luv u Wigan, we do ooooooo Wigan we luv u!!!!!!!
DaveO

Re: Proud of the lads tonight!

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
Of the forwards, I thought Logan was outstanding, and seemed to be on the pitch most of the game, too, except for the time he was flattened.
Logon was immense tonight. I remember him running and bollocking players when he was injured and was water carrier. I think he has a lot of pride in the shirt.
Keep playing like that, and we'll win more than we lose on the run-in.
Lets hope there are enough games left for us to overhaul Wakey or Quins.

Dave
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Proud of the lads tonight they gave it their all a lot of committment went into the game .Pity about the two intercepts and the two penalties that gave the stains the win boy o boy did they know they had been in a game did not reflect the fact we were bottom of the league and they were top.If we can continue this effort we will not go down if we had beeen playing a lesser club tonight we would have won.A big thank you for all the Wigan speccies who got behind the team tonight the players at the end of the game seemed to relish this .Another factor to take into consideration with all the injuries that we have had in the club the players have not gelled together as yet we can only get better. :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
jokerss

Post by jokerss »

turnin point for me was when they pannicked and didnt kick on the last tackle, we blew our chance and not long after they scored first try
baz
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 posted:
A big thank you for all the Wigan speccies who got behind the team tonight the players at the end of the game seemed to relish this .
Hope they do because the crowd was superb. Ears still ringing, voice still hoarse.

Dave
turf

Post by turf »

Just watched the Dallas try, and talk about forward, deary me tonight, it was that far forward that Dallas was embarassed to ground the ball, and almost gave the decision away to the official Ashley Klein.

When you watch the tape, you can see Brett look round at Klein, and then when Klein blew his whistle and pointed to the spot, Dallas shook his head, and said something to Logan. Interesting!!!!!

What about that hit on Tickle, C R U N C H!!!!!!!!! But Vinnie Anderson standing over Tickle, when he was flat out, was a disgraceful image to the game. Very Hooper - esc.

Also thought that Klein had a top game, except the situation when he called held, and Feka off loaded and the knock on from Saints that he missed.

Thought that was funny when he was having a word with Sculthorpe, and Wilkin, and Higham approached, and Klein saw him, and said, "Back away Mickey, it's not a conference here", thought that was class by Klein.

What about Stevo, banging on about Klein being informed off the Wilkin high shot. He says, "Well he (Klein) has obviously been informed by the fourth official", come on!!!!! Then, he bangs on about how long the touch judge took to come on. Do us all a favour Stevo and get lost!!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
Just watched the Dallas try, and talk about forward, deary me tonight, it was that far forward that Dallas was embarassed to ground the ball, and almost gave the decision away to the official Ashley Klein.

When you watch the tape, you can see Brett look round at Klein, and then when Klein blew his whistle and pointed to the spot, Dallas shook his head, and said something to Logan. Interesting!!!!!

What about that hit on Tickle, C R U N C H!!!!!!!!! But Vinnie Anderson standing over Tickle, when he was flat out, was a disgraceful image to the game. Very Hooper - esc.

Also thought that Klein had a top game, except the situation when he called held, and Feka off loaded and the knock on from Saints that he missed.

Thought that was funny when he was having a word with Sculthorpe, and Wilkin, and Higham approached, and Klein saw him, and said, "Back away Mickey, it's not a conference here", thought that was class by Klein.

What about Stevo, banging on about Klein being informed off the Wilkin high shot. He says, "Well he (Klein) has obviously been informed by the fourth official", come on!!!!! Then, he bangs on about how long the touch judge took to come on. Do us all a favour Stevo and get lost!!!!!
Well, he was certainly informed by someone (apart from 10,000 Wiganers), because he initially signalled it as a shoulder, and waved play on.
Marc H 2406

Post by Marc H 2406 »

I can't believe what I am reading! Proud of the lads? Why? Did we win? I know that we put a lot of effort in, but without a bit of guile, craft, skill, call it what you will, we are going down. We are playing one man rugby with the smallest team in Super League. We should be using our physical attributes to our advantage. Lets spread the play and use our speed.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Marc H 2406 posted:
I can't believe what I am reading! Proud of the lads? Why? Did we win? I know that we put a lot of effort in, but without a bit of guile, craft, skill, call it what you will, we are going down. We are playing one man rugby with the smallest team in Super League. We should be using our physical attributes to our advantage. Lets spread the play and use our speed.
There was plenty of guile, craft, skill etc, mostly from Dobson. We lost because of 2 silly interceptions, against the best team in SL.
That result didn't matter in terms of SL survival, but the next 7 after Leeds do, and that performance would have resulted in a win against any of our relegation rivals.
steve_oh

Post by steve_oh »

Marc H 2406 posted:
Easier said than done in our present predicament Marc.
Confidence is a stranger at the moment - vicious circle and all that - if we could only play like that every week, even without too much guile/skill, we'd still have enough to beat the bottom 5 sides and get safe.