Is Noble the new Steve Bruce ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
juan

Is Noble the new Steve Bruce ?

Post by juan »

Last season in the Soccer League it was plain to all that Birmingham were pretty Bruce Dyer.

However, between approx. the 15th and 32nd games it was the same old story from Steve Bruce.

"We're getting there"

"We're trying hard"

"We just need a bit of luck"

"If we keep playing like that we'll win soon"

Quite simply trying to kid himself, and possibly his players, into believeing that it would all "turned out nice again".

Come the defeat to Aston Villa then Bruce seemed to think "oh oh, we actually might be in the poop here". Then he tried different things, and they did pick up some points - including some off the Pathetics :cool: - but by then it was too late because all along he wasnt taking the threat of relegation seriously enough.

It seems to me like Brian may be following a similar path and i dont know about anyone else but it's got me extremely worried about the prospect of ffinishing bottm. :sad:

I realise that the RFL will probably save us if we do finish bottom but come on Brian, lets save face, eh, and at least try to climb to 10th or so.
Fraggle

Re: Is Noble the new Steve Bru...

Post by Fraggle »

juan posted:
It seems to me like Brian may be following a similar path and i dont know about anyone else but it's got me extremely worried about the prospect of ffinishing bottm. :sad:

I realise that the RFL will probably save us if we do finish bottom but come on Brian, lets save face, eh, and at least try to climb to 10th or so.
With all due respect, we HAVE clearly improved since Nobby took over, and I don't really think it would have been appropriate for him to say to the media "they're a right bunch of losers in that dressing room, not fit enough to mow the grass. There's no chance of them even catching a cold, let alone winning a game of rugby". The team's confidence has been lower than a very low thing, the last thing the coach should do is criticise them in public. There's plenty of chance for him to do that behind closed doors, and I would like to think Brian's enough of a coach not to hold back if he's not happy with someone.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Re: Is Noble the new Steve...

Post by Fraggle »

Flash posted:
It seems to me like Brian may be following a similar path and i dont know about anyone else but it's got me extremely worried about the prospect of ffinishing bottm.
Don't worry. If that fails we can always see which paths Roger Taylor and John Deacon suggest! :D
It almost had to be someone called "Flash" who noticed the Queen connection
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Anyway, Brian Noble can't be the new Steve Bruce (whoever he is), as his name's Brian Noble not Steve Bruce.
If his name was Steve Bruce, then he could be the new Steve Bruce, but it isn't it's Brian Noble
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

FROM A TO B posted:
Anyway, Brian Noble can't be the new Steve Bruce (whoever he is), as his name's Brian Noble not Steve Bruce.
If his name was Steve Bruce, then he could be the new Steve Bruce, but it isn't it's Brian Noble
Ah not for me to say that your wrong but he could be.

He only needs to change hias name to Steve Bruce and youd be wrong. :sly:
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

with any luck, he'll turn out to be the new Harry Redknapp
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We seem to be improving so what he is saying is true
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Come on give the bloke a chance the team are improving week by week as you all can see we are not perfect yet but getting there.What he says is true defense is a load better attack is nil.I remember a certain Ian Millward saying all the things the team are geting better when they were pathetic .
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

My mates dad is a Saints fan and even said yesterday that if it was another team last nite we would have beat them the way we played
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

WiganWarrior posted:
My mates dad is a Saints fan and even said yesterday that if it was another team last nite we would have beat them the way we played
I agree you have not seen Wigan play away from home this season if you think that this was not there best performance of the season. This team had it not been playing lucky bounce whistle lucky never get cought out Saints would of wone this match.

To suggest Brian Noble is another Steve Bruce makes you lower than a snakes belly