Maurice Lindsay on Boots 'n' all

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Re: Maurice Lindsay on Boo...

Post by Wigan Watcher »

So he will say what he thinks the fans want to here.

Point scoring exercise and some fans will swallow what he says, he should put some boots on and see if he can score points on the field. Somehow I would suspect he has never held a rugby ball in his hands not to mention play the game.

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

What has this got to do with being the chairman.
Does he have to of played to be a Chairman? OK, a couple of bad signings recently, but not if you look at the form books of how players were performing before they joined us.
If he signs young overseas players (Feka, Dobson), they are to young and don't have the experience. If he signs players who have some years behind them (Renouf, Fletcher), he's signing has beens.
The bloke can't win.
Same for Moran, Calderwood, both leading players in SL or their teams, but for whatever reason not performing at Wigan.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

What i cant understand, is the fact that we are rock bottom of super league staring relegation in the face, and yet Lyndsey is still signing some of the best players in the world. Yet some people are still calling for his head on a steak!! Get real and wise up. Niether yourselves or any other chairman i can think of in super league or any other league would ever achieve this!! The man eats lives and breaths rugby league, get behind him and stop shooting him down. If he does sign world class players(and even Moron was super leagues leading try scorer for two seasons on the trot) and they suddenly loose form for what ever reason, is that his fault?
....Bigger they are, harder they fall....
The Pearl

Post by The Pearl »

FROM A TO B posted:
If he signs players who have some years behind them (Renouf, Fletcher), he's signing has beens.
The bloke can't win.
Wash your mouth out! :wink:
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

What a complete load of rubbish I’m reading here.

Lindsay’s history since he came back as been all down hill. He has let players go that may have been potential good players.He has done this against the advice of other players and coaching staff at the club. He has signed so called top players (so called top players but if you look at their form as they where signing you will find that most of them had all been below par at best and some reports stated at the time that they had not it form for at least one or two seasons). The man has brought this club to its knees having suffered the biggest defeat to Snake Helens, a record we cannot do anything about.

If you are like me and so passionate about my club then you would be devastated at what he has done.

Now you can say he has the clubs best interest at heart and I would agree with you but that cannot change what he has done to my club.

If any other person within the club had the same track record he would have been long gone.

There is another point, how bad as this ruthless person been to other people within the club. If you live by the sword you die by the sword and we have had a sword driven through the heart of my club.

LINDSAY SHOULD HAVE GONE ALONG TIME AGO.

P.S. Yes he is still involved in the team in more ways than one, this is against what he said he would not do when Noble came!

Mr Lindsay says one thing and does another but if you want to beleive what he says then that is up to you. The atmosphere within the club is very poor irrespective of what you read or players say, they know if they tell it as it is then the door will be opened for them. Just look at the camaraderie within the team when Tickle had the big hit, not one player looked like they wanted to help, if that had been Snake Helens you would have had the full team diving in!

Come on people start seeing it as it is!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Watcher posted:

Lindsay’s history since he came back as been all down hill. He has let players go that may have been potential good players.
Name them and name the ones setting SL on fire.
He has done this against the advice of other players and coaching staff at the club. He has signed so called top players (so called top players but if you look at their form as they where signing you will find that most of them had all been below par at best and some reports stated at the time that they had not it form for at least one or two seasons).
He signed Moran on the advice of Lam. He has signed Calderwook, Logon, Feka, Fletcher, Richards none of whom I bet you complained about when he signed them.

Players like DV and Seu Seu were top NRL players when signed.

He bowed to the coaches wishes to let Newton go in favour of Higham. He signed Godwin, was that a bad signing?

Previosu to this he has brought players like Renouf, Johns, C Smith and Dallas to the club.

Some worked well others did not but the blame for any player not living up to previous repuations is down to the players not Mo.

The man has brought this club to its knees having suffered the biggest defeat to Snake Helens, a record we cannot do anything about.
So Millward was blameless for that was he?
If you are like me and so passionate about my club then you would be devastated at what he has done.

Now you can say he has the clubs best interest at heart and I would agree with you but that cannot change what he has done to my club.
Pre-season nearly everyone was optomistic. Now its gone tits up Mo has brought the club to its knees apparently.

Blame the players and coaches. They are the ones failong to deliver. Mo either signed good players ir let his coach sign them (as many wanted) and the result is the players have failed to deliver.

It is that simple and Mo must be as mystified as we are why a side with several international class playes in it is where it is.
If any other person within the club had the same track record he would have been long gone.

There is another point, how bad as this ruthless person been to other people within the club. If you live by the sword you die by the sword and we have had a sword driven through the heart of my club.

P.S. Yes he is still involved in the team in more ways than one, this is against what he said he would not do when Noble came!
Proof? In what way(s)?
Mr Lindsay says one thing and does another but if you want to beleive what he says then that is up to you. The atmosphere within the club is very poor irrespective of what you read or players say, they know if they tell it as it is then the door will be opened for them. Just look at the camaraderie within the team when Tickle had the big hit, not one player looked like they wanted to help, if that had been Snake Helens you would have had the full team diving in!
Help with what? Tickle was not fouled but got a big hit. Perhaps if Tickle had worked as hard this season as he did last we might not be where we are in the league. Has that thought crossed your mind?

Dave
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

If it was all Mo's fault, why after the change of coach are we playing better than we have all season and it is looking increasingly imminent that we will start winning soon? With the vast majority of players that we started the season with. Surely it has got to be mainly a coaching and players problems that got us into this mess. :conf:

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:

Lindsay’s history since he came back as been all down hill. He has let players go that may have been potential good players.
Name them and name the ones setting SL on fire.
He has done this against the advice of other players and coaching staff at the club. He has signed so called top players (so called top players but if you look at their form as they where signing you will find that most of them had all been below par at best and some reports stated at the time that they had not it form for at least one or two seasons).
He signed Moran on the advice of Lam. He has signed Calderwook, Logon, Feka, Fletcher, Richards none of whom I bet you complained about when he signed them.

Players like DV and Seu Seu were top NRL players when signed.

He bowed to the coaches wishes to let Newton go in favour of Higham. He signed Godwin, was that a bad signing?

Previosu to this he has brought players like Renouf, Johns, C Smith and Dallas to the club.

Some worked well others did not but the blame for any player not living up to previous repuations is down to the players not Mo.

The man has brought this club to its knees having suffered the biggest defeat to Snake Helens, a record we cannot do anything about.
So Millward was blameless for that was he?

Pre-season nearly everyone was optomistic. Now its gone tits up Mo has brought the club to its knees apparently.

Blame the players and coaches. They are the ones failong to deliver. Mo either signed good players ir let his coach sign them (as many wanted) and the result is the players have failed to deliver.

It is that simple and Mo must be as mystified as we are why a side with several international class playes in it is where it is.

Proof? In what way(s)?
Help with what? Tickle was not fouled but got a big hit. Perhaps if Tickle had worked as hard this season as he did last we might not be where we are in the league. Has that thought crossed your mind?

Dave
Beat me to it, Dave!

I'd add to that the fact that he managed to get arguably the two best (certainly the most successful)coaches in SL to come to the club, despite the position we were in at the time.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Completely misted up glasses, not even rose tinted.