Cassidy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors

Cassidy

Post by warriors »

Is it me, or dose Cassidy drop the ball all the time??? I have bin a Wiganer for about a yr now. An all the games that i haved watched. Last season he put 110% in the game all the time. He drop it, but not all the time. When he played yesterday, he seemed to drop the ball quite a bit. He might of droped the ball, coz he hasnt had that much training. Then it could just be a downer thing that he has got.
Dose anyone else have different views on him???

Everything else is awesome. The way he tackles, charges throu the other team etc.
MrsLam

Re: Cassidy

Post by MrsLam »

Cassidys under rated I think, but yesterday a lot of the players were droppin the ball and I think that may have had something to do with the weather, however thats something we need to work on definitley. Were making a lot of silly mistakes recently, I think or at least I hope that soon those mistakes will go away and we'll be playing like we were last season. just want to apologise to everyone on the quality of this typing, I just got a new laptop and am not used to it at all yet so I cant be bothered with apostrophes and all that!!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cassidy went through a very poor patch in terms of holding onto the ball around his testimonial functions - or so it seemed :-)

He then got his act together but I must admit when he ran the ball up I was always worried he would drop it.

It took me quite a while to get back to not expecting him to drop it at that time.

I hope this time around its just being rusty but hanging on to the ball is a bit of a basic skill and some catching practice would not go amiss.

I reckon Mike Greg should run the next training session with a tennis ball or something to re-teach the team how to catch, not just Cassidy.

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
Cassidy went through a very poor patch in terms of holding onto the ball around his testimonial functions - or so it seemed :-)

He then got his act together but I must admit when he ran the ball up I was always worried he would drop it.

It took me quite a while to get back to not expecting him to drop it at that time.

I hope this time around its just being rusty but hanging on to the ball is a bit of a basic skill and some catching practice would not go amiss.

I reckon Mike Greg should run the next training session with a tennis ball or something to re-teach the team how to catch, not just Cassidy.

Dave
Last season was a definite improvement for Cassidy on the year before, back then he should have stuck to tackling and kept away from the ball altogether. But I agree that the whole team seems to be struggling a bit holding onto the ball this year. I had to listen to Friday's game on GMR due to work, and the handling issue was mentioned - apparently this year's ball is bigger than last year's and all the teams are struggling a bit with it.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]