Wigan U18s Academy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Wigan U18s Academy

Post by cpwigan »

Beat Leigh 64-6 by my reckoning.
Forever Warrior

Re: Wigan U18s Academy

Post by Forever Warrior »

You got it right. Another convincing performance. Outplayed Leigh in every facet of the game. Will be challenging Leeds and the Scousers for the title IMO.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

lets be honest, leigh arent saints or leeds. i recall a similar scoreline in the first team match last season against leigh at the jjb. didnt we beat them 64-6? or 66-4?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

not seen the U18,s this season what good prospects are coming through at the moment
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Obviously Leigh are not as good as Saints, Hull, Bradford and Leeds but they put up a spirited effort. Tony Benson has been coaching them recently. The Wigan U18s had a large number of 16 year olds in the team too. They played well and so did the referee. He was about 5ft nothing but had the best game of any academy referee I have seen in the last 2 years.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sam Tomkins is playing well at scrum half, Kavangh at prop/second row. They are both in their second year. Liam Farrell and a young winger look the best of the first year recruits.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

sam tompkins is going to be a star and a great fellow with a great head ,at the easter camps all the kids loved him how did brockley play :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He didn't play mike. He was watching. I'm guessing he will be in the U21s only now. He's a good player too BTW. I think they are trying to give the new intake matchs at the moment in the 18's and we have let Wilkes and James go to Widnes because we now have too many U21 forwards with everybody coming back to fitness.

As for Sam he's a great lad, spent many a geography lesson discussing rugby tactics :D
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan posted:
He didn't play mike. He was watching. I'm guessing he will be in the U21s only now. He's a good player too BTW. I think they are trying to give the new intake matchs at the moment in the 18's and we have let Wilkes and James go to Widnes because we now have too many U21 forwards with everybody coming back to fitness.

As for Sam he's a great lad, spent many a geography lesson discussing rugby tactics :D
keep telling you ,your teaching wrong subject im putting you forward as head of pe next year ,which includes rugby and football ,not dancing and table tennis :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

LoL I hope your not drinking anything but our esteemed Head of PE is now acting head of Y11 for 6 months. So that's less sport than we already have.

I always fancied coaching the Year 8s as they had two lads with huge potential who had never been coached and others who just needed to be put in the right positions. I reckon they could have beaten Brynteg who have a couple of very big players and clean up at that age group.

Thank heavens for Pats, Judes, Bridge, Hindley and co is all I can really say. :blush: