Is Radlinski our saviour?????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
#1 warrior princess

Is Radlinski our saviour?????

Post by #1 warrior princess »

Is Kris going to be our saviour from relegation?

I am very happy that he is coming back to help, but will Noble make him captain?
He really needs to change Lockers! We need someone who can lead.

:D :) :D :)
You can take the girl out of Wigan, but you can't take Wigan out of the girl!
dads58

Re: Is Radlinski our saviour??...

Post by dads58 »

I think the biggest impact Rads can have to help save us from relegation is not as captain but his mastery of one of the most basic skills. Sadly lacking all season and in my humble opinion the main cause of our current position........TACKLING!!! He`s a master and this season it has been a scarse feature of our game
Most famous team in the world playing the greatest game in the universe!
DaveO

Re: Is Radlinski our saviour??...

Post by DaveO »

#1 warrior princess posted:
Is Kris going to be our saviour from relegation?

I am very happy that he is coming back to help, but will Noble make him captain?
He really needs to change Lockers! We need someone who can lead.
Radlinski is a great player and full back but he wasn't very good at being captain last time they tried it. Then again I think he would be an improvement over Lockers and maybe Lockers would accept Rads replacing him easier than anyone else.

Dave
GeoffN

Re: Is Radlinski our savio...

Post by GeoffN »

Nice quote from Martin Offiah on the Sporting Life site:

"Wigan have been missing a leader this year, like Shaun Edwards and Andy Farrell. No disrespect to Sean O'Loughlin, because he's a real player of the future, but they need someone now to lead them.

They've had the heart ripped out of the side, with Terry Newton going as well, and they need someone to sort it out.

There are never any guarantees but any squad with Kris Radlinski in it is better off than without him."

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yep not as captain but definitely as an inspiration, he's my hero :inlo:!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

GeoffN posted:
Nice quote from Martin Offiah on the Sporting Life site:

"Wigan have been missing a leader this year, like Shaun Edwards and Andy Farrell. No disrespect to Sean O'Loughlin, because he's a real player of the future, but they need someone now to lead them.

They've had the heart ripped out of the side, with Terry Newton going as well, and they need someone to sort it out.

There are never any guarantees but any squad with Kris Radlinski in it is better off than without him."
Well said Martin. He knows the quality of the guy, Leadership/experiance and and above all determination, There are a few people on here that are very quick to have a go about Rads coming back but i would rather have Rads in the squad than not, Just his verbal imput should make players take a look at themselves.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Dawber posted:
Well said Martin. He knows the quality of the guy, Leadership/experiance and and above all determination, There are a few people on here that are very quick to have a go about Rads coming back but i would rather have Rads in the squad than not, Just his verbal imput should make players take a look at themselves.
I always thought he was verbally quiet on the pitch but he's a reliable, top class full back with energy and enthusiasm that lasts all game and not just 10 minutes. Him and Dallas were the two players last year that would not give up no matter what, he's a Wigan legend and I can't wait for him to get back into the game. Never wanted him to go anyway.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

with all the talk of Rads lets not forget one thing he is risking possible serious (0r permanant) injury to himself to try and save wigan ,let us hope that not only the supporters but this crop of garbage that have put us in this position realise just what a corageous act this is