Reliaing On 1 person to the next.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Reliaing On 1 person to the next.

Post by nathan_rugby »

Do you not think we are just reliaing on one person then another. Last year we was like O when lockers and hock come back we will dominte. And we havent. O Ian millward will sort it out and he didnt. Yes brian noble one of britains greatest coaches, and he hasnt. Yes, radlinksi a has been. I remeber watching him in his last year when he was injury free and he was crap. Every body was stepping him and beating him. We are just reliaing on radders to produce the goods. He has been sat on the coach for 6 months resting a knee, which suddenly has become better and playable.
He only retired because he basically lost his place to chris ashton. If he is going to play somewere we need a bit of exp in centres.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
yokozuna

Re: Reliaing On 1 person to th...

Post by yokozuna »

nathan_rugby posted:
Do you not think we are just reliaing on one person then another. Last year we was like O when lockers and hock come back we will dominte. And we havent. O Ian millward will sort it out and he didnt. Yes brian noble one of britains greatest coaches, and he hasnt. Yes, radlinksi a has been. I remeber watching him in his last year when he was injury free and he was crap. Every body was stepping him and beating him. We are just reliaing on radders to produce the goods. He has been sat on the coach for 6 months resting a knee, which suddenly has become better and playable.
He only retired because he basically lost his place to chris ashton. If he is going to play somewere we need a bit of exp in centres.
Consistently the best defensive full-back in the world for years.

Do you not think that he was playing injured last season? :eusa16:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
nathan_rugby

Re: Reliaing On 1 person t...

Post by nathan_rugby »

Shouldnt players who are injured be resting ?
So what has chris ashton done to lose his position at full back ? You wont see half as much of the commitment chris has shown this year. 1 example out of many. We had clearly lost to st helens by about 20 points, vinnie anderson breaks, nobody can be arsed to get back because they know theyve lost but o know just as vinnie is on his way down chris doesnt give up hope and forces the knock on.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
mike binder

Re: Reliaing On 1 person t...

Post by mike binder »

nathan_rugby posted:
Shouldnt players who are injured be resting ?
So what has chris ashton done to lose his position at full back ? You wont see half as much of the commitment chris has shown this year. 1 example out of many. We had clearly lost to st helens by about 20 points, vinnie anderson breaks, nobody can be arsed to get back because they know theyve lost but o know just as vinnie is on his way down chris doesnt give up hope and forces the knock on.
chris ashton is still playing fullback radders is playing centre :eh:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Re: Reliaing On 1 person to th...

Post by Fraggle »

nathan_rugby posted:
Do you not think we are just reliaing on one person then another. Last year we was like O when lockers and hock come back we will dominte.
That's two people of the "one person" you mentioned, but anyway...
And we havent. O Ian millward will sort it out and he didnt. Yes brian noble one of britains greatest coaches, and he hasnt.
A coach can only work with the players he's got access to. Criticising Noble for not achieving miracles with someone else's poor team is perhaps not entirely fair. There are only so many players of his choice he can bring in part-way through a season, he is inevitably left with other players who do not fit into his plans but who he has to play in order to put out a squad of 17.
Yes, radlinksi a has been. I remeber watching him in his last year when he was injury free and he was crap. Every body was stepping him and beating him. We are just reliaing on radders to produce the goods.
When exactly was his "last year when he was injury free"? We're going back to about 2000 aren't we?
He has been sat on the coach for 6 months resting a knee, which suddenly has become better and playable.
Has it suddenly become better and playable? He might have been fully recovered two months ago, but had already retired so it wasn't an issue.

As for losing his place to Ashton, wasn't Ashton dropped for a few games in favour of Dallas and Moran at fullback?

I'm not saying Ashton is rubbish, he's done very well this year, but even Noble is not suggesting Rads take over his place at fullback. No-one's actually mentioned dropping Ashton but if it were deemed necessary then I would accept whatever the coach decided, he knows better than any of us what his players can do. Ashton will learn a lot from Rads this year, as he will already have learned a lot from the extended run in the first team that he would never have had. But the fact remains that had Rads been fit he would have been in last year's Tri-Nations squad, which is hardly the sign of a has-been.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]