Newton and Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Newton and Fielden

Post by jinkin jimmy »

AndyWright posted:
i cant understand why anybody would want newton back? ok he is an aggressive player, but he was lazy, and when he was bad he was awful. we have got a much more professional, faster and clever player with higham, and he is younger and a far better future ahead of him than newton has. newton is a liabilty to give penalties away, he costed us at least 6 points per game last season..
I would love to see you back this up with facts.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

AndyWright posted:
i cant understand why anybody would want newton back?
I'll tell you why most fans would like to see Tez wearing Cherry & White again.

Remember when we lost the Grand Final against the Bulls and Terry was in tears at the end of the game ... I think that illustrated how much he loves the club and why the supporters want him back where he belongs.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Dawber posted:
Talking of forwards, I'm sat here watching Bulldogs V NQ Cowboys, I would love to see Asotasi (spelling?)
at Wigan, What a player.
What about Thaiday watching the origin his upper body is good he works hard in defense ala Cassidy and is great going forward a good hard worker add that with Newton coming back and with the impact of Feka and Higham, we could stretch team a little.
JohnOK

Post by JohnOK »

I've just seen an article in the Daily Star Sunday linking Fielden and Newton with Wigan and Calderwood and Higham going the other way plus us paying £350k.

Don't know how reliable these tabloids are for Rugby League stories.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

100% Warrior posted:
AndyWright posted:
i cant understand why anybody would want newton back?
I'll tell you why most fans would like to see Tez wearing Cherry & White again.

Remember when we lost the Grand Final against the Bulls and Terry was in tears at the end of the game ... I think that illustrated how much he loves the club and why the supporters want him back where he belongs.
There were a few people around me in tears as well, should they also be playing for Wigan...?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

JohnOK posted:
I've just seen an article in the Daily Star Sunday linking Fielden and Newton with Wigan and Calderwood and Higham going the other way plus us paying £350k.

Don't know how reliable these tabloids are for Rugby League stories.
Whta's being forgotten is ML's claims that we've no space left under the salary cap. I'm not sure if that's true, but what is more likely is that we'll have run out of 20/20 slots, and with the Bulls struggling a bit at the moment (Friday notwithstanding) I really can't see them releasing anyone for the rest of this season.

Someone said that "we must sign PJ because of the efforts we've made to sign him", but Bradford are under no obligations to get rid of anyone.

With all of these rumours, I know about the "no smoke without fire" saying but that doesn't take into account the imaginations of tabloid sports editors who need to fill a bit of space in their newspapers...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]