Reflections

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Reflections

Post by cpwigan »

A win is all that mattered

Danny Orr I call him as much as anybody. I do not rate him but I thought he played well tonight. He for me alongside Logan were the two standout players. I thought O'loughlin worked tremendously hard. Hock is getting there week by week.

Richards was awful. Calderwood is fit. Give Calders the spot. Tickle needs to do a lot more too.
stevocod

Re: Reflections

Post by stevocod »

cpwigan posted:
A win is all that mattered

Danny Orr I call him as much as anybody. I do not rate him but I thought he played well tonight. He for me alongside Logan were the two standout players. I thought O'loughlin worked tremendously hard. Hock is getting there week by week.

Richards was awful. Calderwood is fit. Give Calders the spot. Tickle needs to do a lot more too.
Well i've said it before and tonights game emphasises my point, 4 forwards on the bench and i think even a back to interchange helps and with the amount of defensive work backs as well as forwards get worked and interchanging a back or 2 would help too.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

The performance was by no means perfect, but we got the 2 points and I am milking this for all it's worth! I'd agree... Orr and Logan were good. Lockers was good, despite a few silly high challenges. Dobson worked his socks off too.

But Richards was awful. Absolutely abysmal.

But yey! 2 points! :D
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

standishcat posted:
The performance was by no means perfect, but we got the 2 points and I am milking this for all it's worth! I'd agree... Orr and Logan were good. Lockers was good, despite a few silly high challenges. Dobson worked his socks off too.

But Richards was awful. Absolutely abysmal.

But yey! 2 points! :D
Agree Richards was poor and a few bad calls especially behind Orr calling for that ball, but he has done well going forward so am still willing to give him benefit of the doubt.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Yeah, we definitely need to cut the errors. Our PTB was poor in the 1st half, I was going mental at how bad it was!

But yep I'd agree too. Some of Ganson's calls were baffling. And he missed too many offsides.

But, again, 2 points! :)
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

standishcat posted:
Yeah, we definitely need to cut the errors. Our PTB was poor in the 1st half, I was going mental at how bad it was!

But yep I'd agree too. Some of Ganson's calls were baffling. And he missed too many offsides.

But, again, 2 points! :)
yeah fair call and high tackles but then again Dallas isnt tall enough and always gets high tackles! :D :
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Really enjoyed that game and not a bad turn out again.

Have Richards and Fletcher done any ball handling training? Good to see Rads back, getting his fitness back and easing himself back into the game. Too many penalties in that game whether they were right or wrong decisions (can't be bothered going into all that, want another drink to celebrate)

Highlight of my night KELVIN!!!! :inlo:

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Watched the game tonight and have to say that there was an improvement. There were times when you could see flashes of the old wigan - the defence and also keeping the ball alive with off loads. Like everyone else I agree far too many handling errors. Thought Orr had a good game. Feka didn't seem to make too much of an impact Still not sure why he doesn't play more. McEvoy had a stinker as did Richards. Radders was a very welcome addition. I'm sure his experience helped to settle a few players. We're not out of the woods yet and we will have to improve immensely but at least we got our foot on the first rung of the ladder. Well done lads :)
Brian's Girl

the grinch

Post by the grinch »

like everyone else said ill take the points thank you
but the performance is instantly forgetable! but wigan have played far better than that and lost so lets be happy while it lasts. :wink:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Warrington up next, friday night...

as they LOST today they didnt help us very much with our relegation battle but... a win is a win..., still 6 points behind cas and wakeyfield but we have to keep going.

tonights performance wasnt as good as the saints game or to some extent leeds attack wise, but the defence it has to be said was strong. only richards' errors led to 2 of their tries and fletchers mishap at the start allowing the Cats a good set of 6 near our try-line.
we stuck to the task, we got behind then got level, then took the lead, neverminding GANSONS crap refereeing again.

Things to improve though... still having too many simple errors in the tackles and we keep giving sloppy passes.

Good to see Radlinski back, 2 games I reckon he'll be good as new. Welcome back Kris.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame