Haircuts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Haircuts

Post by Fraggle »

Anyone who knows me will know I'm the last person who can criticise anyone's haircut, but this article amused me (probably in tonight's WEP)http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... eID=769984

Thatch of the day winners!

It's the match up they're all talking about – Warriors versus Saints: who has the worst hair?

The battle for boasting rights between the two towns takes place on the Knowsley Road turf on Good Friday - but the pre-match build up is a bit of a "hair-raiser" this year.

Our rugby players have been following in the footsteps of famous footy players like David Beckham and Freddy Ljungberg – putting the fashion police's "hair support unit" on red alert.

And, just like in a game played with a round ball, the trend-setting stars tend to be the most famous players.

Top of the chops at Wigan Warriors is Andy Farrell's mullet, while Saints are crowing over Sean Long's Bjorn Borg period – that of course follows corn rows and another mullet!

Brian Carney, Desaii Williams and Sean O'Loughlin lead the chasing pack at Wigan, while at Saints, there's Martin Gleeson and new signing Maurie Fa'asavalu.

We asked hairdresser Gary Pollitt, of Atico's hair salon in Leigh, to make an "impartial" judgment. He said: "I cut all the Leigh players' hair so they are all right. But I've got to say Farrell's is worse than Longy's. I had my hair like Sean Long until a couple of weeks ago!"

For many years, rugby players could have been heard in the town's barbers growling "the shorter the better lad," with shaved heads "cropping" up regularly.

Current exponents of that look include Warriors coach Mike Gregory. You'd think it would make sense – they look "hard" and it means they won't get their precious locks pulled.

But not for some of today's rugby players it seems. And even the stars of yesteryear managed a few "nighthairs."

A new list of the most memorable sporting haircuts, compiled by Brylcream, reveals that Becks' mohican tops the poll, with Bobby Charlton's comb over a close second.

Also worthy of a mention are Kevin Keegan's poodle perm and Andre Agassi's mullet.

[ends]

Anyone got any comments about the worst haircuts? Kelvin the Gorilla was in need of an all-round haircut...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mrs_carney

Re: Haircuts

Post by mrs_carney »

Lol i thought sean longs hair was so funny when it was braided, didnt suit him at all, but now its just all long he still looks dodgy, but then again so was farrels mullet :lol:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

o`loughlin has the best hair by FAR!!! give him a couple more months & he will have a proper fro` LOL exellent..
i don`t see a problem with longs hair.. just looks 70`s.. retro as they say..

( can`t believe i post on a hair topic!! LOL oh well....)
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Carney has the best hair ever! ANd apparantly th task was a bet n is gon now THANK GOD! Do you reckon lesley vainakola (sp) knows how goofy he looks lol!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
the pie man

Post by the pie man »

terry o c had the best to say in the wigan evening post "i put the saints game on the telly and thought i was watching an abba tribute...then i realised it was sean long"..i killed myself laughing
the pie man

Post by the pie man »

terry o c had the best to say in the wigan evening post "i put the saints game on the telly and thought i was watching an abba tribute...then i realised it was sean long"..i killed myself laughing