A different team!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

A different team!

Post by ian.birchall »

What an improved performance compared to last Sunday, unrecognisable as (almost) the same team, O'Loughlin much better suited to the stand off but Kevin Browns' pass to Dallas shows again what he could do for Wigan if we had the nerve to play him at Stand Off.
A good punch up as well, thats two this season, Greg must be doing something right. :D
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Fraggle

Re: A different team!

Post by Fraggle »

It looked a lot more impressive on the screen, there was generally a will to win which we have apparently been lacking. Dallas, Aspinwall, Orr, Rads and Farrell impressed for me. Wild and Brown were fairly quiet, but then so were the Stains back line so those two were obviously busy marking players out of the game. We gave Long too much room at times, his headband probably putting people off, but overall I think it was a great result for the team. We'll have more confidence from that, not sure if the Wires will be as confident after their result!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Portsmouth Warrior

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

Maybe now some of the doubting Thomas's will lay off Gregs for a while.
Great to see Faz chin Scully. Should be fun at the next GB camp..
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Im still buzzin from the atmosphere so maybe ill come across too positive but I really feel like we won that match. Unfortunatly it was either cover long and risk letting a winning try in or cover the rest of the team and go for a draw, I think you'll agree we got our priorities right.
Im very proud of the lads I think the crowd had a lot to do with the lift in their performance though, Kris looked around shocked at one point because of the noise we were making.
Ive actually come back from the match feeling more confident about their abilities though, I know we always have a rough patch at the beginning but still...
Well done to the lads ya did us all very proud again!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Now i remember why i became a wigan supporter! The game they played was the best i have seen for some time! I am proud of every single player out there and think we deserved the win! and kris and hope you had a great birthday also hope danny did on thursday aswell! WELL DONE LADS!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

100% better than the past few games.. conditions wern`t brilliant.. but we played some nice football.. the scraps even made sky sports news!! normally.. we (RL) usually only get a 1 min segment.. of ALL the games round up`s.. lol hopefully we can do wire on monday.. & it will be a good weekend!!

Jordz

Post by Jordz »

i know the fights shunt be encouraged but it showed great team spirit. 1 in, all in. and plus they fought all the way to the end as a team, a great performance
Come On Toys!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It really got the crowd and the players going when Faz shouts out and punches his fist in the air. There was a lot of passion today, and it was fantastic. That is why I love rugby league!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

lets hope the season starts for us from here play like that and everyone will be frightend of us. i bet warrington wont be as keen to play us now!and im sorry for saying this but with luke robinson not in the team we looked so much better. its going to be difficult for him to find a way back into the first team.mike gregory has brought the best out of the players and deservse the credit for that. well done everyone players fans alike!!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I dont normally get up this early but I jus re watched the match cause I hadnt seen it from a tv view, but I wanna slap ian millward so hard :angry: why does he have to do his boring mind games all the time? I didnt even know hed been goingon about high tackles all week but with what rat boy was getting away with, hes got a cheek. I suppose its alright to start fights though...Talau needs to get caught out he had no reason to start on wild, he wasnt even anywhere near the fight to begin with, and didnt faz originally go over to seperate all the players? Cant expect him to stand back and get punches from 3 different saints players, they really thought they were gonna thrash us didnt they
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!