Pat Richards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Pat Richards

Post by ancientnloyal »

At the start of the season people were asking questions of richards' poor form, comittment, call it what you will... then since the Huddersfield AWAY game when he scored he started to play better, apparently and had a few good games afterwards... but the last 2 or matches versus leeds and obviously dragons, he has been poor.

I dont really know what to say about him, like every wigan player, he has his qualities and misfortunes.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

ancientnloyal posted:
At the start of the season people were asking questions of richards' poor form, comittment, call it what you will... then since the Huddersfield AWAY game when he scored he started to play better, apparently and had a few good games afterwards... but the last 2 or matches versus leeds and obviously dragons, he has been poor.

I dont really know what to say about him, like every wigan player, he has his qualities and misfortunes.
We need a starting two props (Logan &Feka will do as subs) a hooker, 2nd rower and a full set of 3/4's and 2 new halves.

The bog standard wiganer is abysmal and we are deservedly where we are truly the worst bunch EVER at the club.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

(sarcasm mode!) Yeah lets have a go at all the team and play the under 21's and go down! (/sarcasm mode)

C'mon get behind these guys and if their heads are down from one silly mistake they can do without several thousand shouting obsenities, they need to believe in their own ability and confidence to take defenses on.

Most of the players will be lifted by the win against Les Cats, but let's get behind all of them and pull together in the right direction, team and fans.
Jake

Post by Jake »

warriors2005 posted:
What a mistake!

Lucky it didn't really cost us!
Im beginning to ask questions of this fellas ability. He is one who really needs to prove that the club were right in buying him.
He cost us twelve points on sunday I felt he was the waste of a human carcass he was pathetic
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Jake posted:
warriors2005 posted:
What a mistake!

Lucky it didn't really cost us!
Im beginning to ask questions of this fellas ability. He is one who really needs to prove that the club were right in buying him.
He cost us twelve points on sunday I felt he was the waste of a human carcass he was pathetic
bit dramatic that jake. maybe a waste of time on the day but a waste of human carcass.........surely not! :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Jake posted:
He cost us 6, he wasn't really to blame for their last try, since their #3 was offside at the kick. If you're going to blame him for that, then Ashton should be blamed too.
Fletcher cost us 6 with that early knock-on; Orr cost us 6 by bombing that try under the sticks; you can't drop everyone!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
He cost us 6, he wasn't really to blame for their last try, since their #3 was offside at the kick. If you're going to blame him for that, then Ashton should be blamed too.
Fletcher cost us 6 with that early knock-on; Orr cost us 6 by bombing that try under the sticks; you can't drop everyone!
Whether the Catalans player was offside or not when going for kicks he should be aware of other players challenging him for the ball. He can't just expect the ball to land straight in his hands.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

robjoenz posted:
GeoffN posted:
Whether the Catalans player was offside or not when going for kicks he should be aware of other players challenging him for the ball. He can't just expect the ball to land straight in his hands.
I don't think it's a case of defending that particular error as i certaintly don't, but I think what Geoff is pointing out is that he wasn't the only one to blame for silly errors in that game or indeed any other game come to that.

Moran was obviously the most awful player this season, but as a unit we have been poor hence our league position and instead of finger pointing the blame, drop/sack players/coaches/boards,lets try and get behind them and maybe some of this lack of confidence will return and referring to another thread the forwards may get a bit more go forward with that as well.

I can't believe people can blame Richards alone for this bad run we've been in and for the errors he's made, Richards has certainly made up for it the other end of the pitch. I may also point out not many others have done that this season including Dallas, which is unusual for him.

This all in all shows that despite his age even someone who has been good at Wigan such as Dallas can have a poor season and as a unit have not been good at all this season.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
I think Fletchers knock on and the scrore that resulted was probably the most significant error of the game because it set the whole tone of it from then on.

In less than a minute from kick off that put the team under pressure right away and so the mistakes came regularly after that.

The last thing a team lacking confidence needs is to go six behind in abut 50 seconds after kick off.

Now the dust has settled the debate about Richards is getting more intersting because it seems after the gut reaction of "drop him" for Calderwood there seems to be a recognition his game isn't bad in all apsects.

I think the question Nobby will be asking himself is what are the risks of playing Calderwood? Is his defence good enough? Can he score the "hard" tries from a few yeards out that need strength as opposed to long range efforts duwe to out and out pace?

It will be interesting to see who he picks. If Richards then he needs to put in a good performance this week to go some way to silencing his critics.

Dave
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

I think that applies to both wingers irrespective of Dallas's past reputation in previous seasons here.