Mike Gregory????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Mike Gregory????

Post by Fraggle »

Rij posted:
I'm sorry but I have more faith in Lyndsey than Gregory and we are going to have to face fact that at the moment we are nowhere near as good as Saints, Bradford or Leeds and need to make some changes so we can compete (starting with the coach).
I have faith that Chairman Mo will leave well alone for a bit. On today's performance we are clearly as good as Stains, and the changes the coach has made seem to have made a difference and we certainly were able to compete.

Changing the coach doesn't always make any difference, we went backwards when Andy Goodway took over from Monie back in 1999, Cas have struggled badly under Steadman after Raper left them. I suspect the reason Mike Gregory did well with the players last year was because they already knew him as Raper's #2 so there was a kind of continuity. Betts isn't SL coaching material yet, so a replacement coach would have to come from outside. That rarely improves matters during the same season because it takes time for everyone to get to know each other.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]