Hargreaves Joins Leigh on Loan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Hargreaves Joins Leigh on Loan

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Re: Hargreaves Joins Leigh...

Post by DaveO »

Flash posted:
No official announcement yet. Wonder who that is? Jerry perhaps?
I think so. His last game for us tonight.

Dave
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

Flash posted:
we have no further signings planned at this stage on the contrary we have lost some players today to retirement and movement to other clubs."
No official announcement yet. Wonder who that is? Jerry perhaps?
I was wondering what he meant earler on about that
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

That's reported in the BBC article about Fielden and the salary cap:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 108914.stm
Meanwhile, Wigan props Bryn Hargreaves and Jerry Seuseu are among the players to make way for the arrival of Fielden.

Wigan recently allowed Dennis Moran, Oliver Wilkes and Jordan James to join Widnes.

Now they have now allowed 20-year-old Hargreaves to go out on a month's loan to Leigh while former New Zealand international Seuseu is set to bring forward his retirement to take effect after Friday's match against Warrington.

The 32-year former Auckland Warrior had intended to hang up his boots at the end of the season after being plagued by a knee injury for the last six months.

Lindsay said: "Jerry been limping in training for six months. He only agreed to stay on while we were struggling. He's a very brave man."

Centre or stand-off Kevin Brown, a target for Huddersfield, is also expected to leave the JJB Stadium.

BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

I for one am a very big bryn hargreaves fan and i can only hope that it is just a loan spell,even if it gets extended till the end of the season .I just hope thatlike alot of other good young talent that we have brought through he dosnt end up being sold
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I'd hate to lose Hargreaves permanently, i believe Noble can bring the best out in him. Jerry seems to try his best but does appear to have been injury plagued since his arrival. Would be a great loss to lose Hargreaves and Sculthorpe, along with Feka and Logan our pack would be immense! As for Browny leaving, i dont see that as any great loss, we've hardly missed him these past few weeks; just shows when we have a full squad he mustnt have what it takes to get in the 17.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

I won't be too worried if we don't see any more of Hargreaves. He's a decent worker but doesn't have any real ability with his hands nor any great size. There's plenty better knocking about.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mrs_carney posted:
I'd hate to lose Hargreaves permanently, i believe Noble can bring the best out in him. Jerry seems to try his best but does appear to have been injury plagued since his arrival. Would be a great loss to lose Hargreaves and Sculthorpe, along with Feka and Logan our pack would be immense! As for Browny leaving, i dont see that as any great loss, we've hardly missed him these past few weeks; just shows when we have a full squad he mustnt have what it takes to get in the 17.
I'd agree on KB: although I wouldn't like to see him go to another SL club - I just get the uneasy feeling he could turn out to be one of those players that come back to haunt us! In which case, of course, everyone on here would then be saying we should never have let him go... :roll:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Been through this before, Brown has had potential for at least 3 years, time he converted it into something useful. Yes he could be one of those players who comes back to haunt us, but the majority of these players need a new club to kick off their career again whats the point in keeping a player whos playing poorly for us, just because they might play better at another club?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Who said we have lost scully ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."