Millward - No. 14?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lancaster Rugby

Millward - No. 14?

Post by Lancaster Rugby »

If Sky's Eddie spotted the fact that Millward was spending time on the pitch coaching his players, do you think the RFL will take any action? Maybe he was trying to get Paul 'voluntary tackle' Wellens to let him try playing the game for a while instead of stirring up the media/referees!
The only way is up....!
robjoenz

Re: Millward - No. 14?

Post by robjoenz »

Perhaps I'm being cynical but the Saints physio lady came onto the pitch the see to Sean the Sheep whenever we were applying pressure at the end of the first half. Maybe that was to try and slow our play down?

The RFL sponsored the game yesterday. I was suprised they didn't close the two stands along the touchline so the behind goal terraces looked better for SKY.
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

Lancaster this may be totally of the subject but i live in milntorpe south lakes and lancaster is where i shop and drink but is there rugby league there thanks!!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
Lancaster Rugby

Post by Lancaster Rugby »

kt4ever_1,
Lancaster has a Summer Conference team that is based around the Morecambe based Heysham Atoms (North West Counties League) side. They play at Giant Axe (Lancaster Football Club's ground near the railway station).There is talk of a Morecambe v Lancaster game being played soon to raise the profile in the area. There are websites for the Lancaster (lancasterrugby.com (I think!!)) and Heysham (links from the lancaster site) sides.
Both sides have a good 'crack' after the game and welcome new speckies or players.
We don't mention Mark Edmonson, who played at Vale of Lune RUFC before signing for Stains!!He helps out at the Atoms on the coaching side, when he's available. Nice guy really...
Sean Long's brother, Karl is playing at Fylde RUFC (Lytham, St Annes) but has luckily not adopted his brothers girly locks!!
Hope this helps!
The only way is up....!