Millward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Paul Howard

Re: Millward

Post by Paul Howard »

Says in the paper this morning that the RFL are sure hold a probe into Millwards antics. Hope this is true. Brian Noble summed up his thoughts when he said "We were prepared to fight George Foreman - and got George Formby !"

How can Millward have the nerve to accuse any team of too many high shots after the shot Deacon took. Jon Wilkins tackle on him was too high, too late and very dangerous. In my opinion it was loads worse than Adrian Morleys 12th second wonder in the Ashes!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I agree that Millward is way out of line in the way he is treating his fans that paid good money to see that game, but he is not stupid enough to do that for no reason, no matter how twisted it may be.

I know SKY will be angered too, but at the end of the day SKY should not dictate how the game is played. If Millward wants to be an idiot, let him. Do you see SKY dictating to Manchester United if they rest Roy Keane or Ruud Van Nistelrooy, NO, they have got no power too because Manchester United are bigger than SKY.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

"I can only pick the players that are available"

Thats what he just told Wish Fm, but its lies theres no way 10 first team players werent fit. Its embarassing and very frustrating when you think that nothing will get made of it. Its a bit like the cunningham drug situation, nothing was made of that but if it had been any other player on any other team there would have been a big controversy, fine and bans.
I dont know any other team that would have the cheek to leave out 10 players, its just insulting to all rugby league fans.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

MrsLam posted:
its just insulting to all rugby league fans.
Correct, you've nailed it there Mrs Lam. There are loads of posts from disgruntled Saints fans on their board and this one's been voted post of the day -

Wellens - Car broke down
Albert - AA meeting
Talau - wrestling pigs in Tunisia
Hooper - Looking at himself in the mirror
Long - Trying to get his tape off his head without pulling out his hair
Fozzard - Instead of just wrapping his arm, he accidently mumified himself
Cunningham - Stuck in a door frame
Gilmour - Watching his try against the dulls at his mums house
Sculthorpe - Play fighting with his brother after friday got out of hand
Higham - Accidently accelerated to 16 G's and blacked out
Edmondson - Terrible bleaching accident