DID ANYONE HEAR.........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

DID ANYONE HEAR.........

Post by turf »

Karl Kirkpatrick talking to Keith Senior last week during the game with Wakefield, because of Senior throwing a tantrum, because Kirkpatrick had given a penalty to Wakefield.

Kirkpatrick brought Senior over to him, and said, "It's only a penalty Keith, I'm not going to kill you or anything, but your actually throwing the ball away like that, that looked awful, all right, we kno what game that comes from, come on, sort yourself out".

I am sure that I read somewhere that Kirkpatrick would like to deal with players with humour rather than confrontation.

ancientnloyal

Re: DID ANYONE HEAR.........

Post by ancientnloyal »

IMO thats a nice way of telling a player how to have standards and respect for opponents. We are not football, we play rugby and a penalty, like it or not, will be given and the referee wont change his mind, so take it on the chin, grin and play on. It is funny what Kirky said to Senior, as you suggested turf, and good to see humour... did Senior take it well or stay in a mood???
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Re: DID ANYONE HEAR..........

Post by turf »

Well, to be honest, when Kirkpatrick said, "I'm not going to kill you or anything", Senior just laughed, so I presumre that he knew he was wrong and took it on the chin.

Well done to both Kirkpatrick and Senior. It's time football players and referees alike, took note.