Sculthorpe injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Sculthorpe injury

Post by ancientnloyal »

we did get palaaesina, fletcher and logan pre-season and perhaps that led to sculthorpes loan spell.

I wouldnt like him back at the club, although a great rugby league player, II feel he will benefit more from Castleford than he would at Wigan. He would get more games (time on pitch) at castleford anyways, and I'd like to see Hargreaves and Prescott develop more in the next 2 or 3 years.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Fraggle posted:

Wigan apparently aren't making any noises about encouraging Danny to come back next year, he's settled nicely over there, is playing regularly and scoring tries and probably feels a bit more welcome there. So I don't think he'll be back at Wigan either. I'm not really sure of the reason why he went to Cas in the first place, but the club presumably see the likes of Hargreaves as the future props for the club, and Danny's not really a youngster anymore either.
6 days older than Fielden...Hmmm.
Ah, perhaps I wasn't totally clear on the point I was making there. Danny never seemed to be fully considered a regular first-team player, he wasn't really any more regular than some of the 20 year old kids that were coming through the ranks even though he's now 26. He was very rarely considered for a starting position, evne though he would be pretty effective in that position instead of always coming off the bench. How long was he going to have to wait before becoming a regular first choice player at Wigan, like Mr Fielden for example?! It just seems to me that the next generation of players had overtaken him in the pecking order at Wigan, and whilst Danny has quite a few years left, I think perhaps his chances at Wigan have already gone.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ancientnloyal posted:
we did get palaaesina, fletcher and logan pre-season and perhaps that led to sculthorpes loan spell.

I wouldnt like him back at the club, although a great rugby league player, II feel he will benefit more from Castleford than he would at Wigan. He would get more games (time on pitch) at castleford anyways, and I'd like to see Hargreaves and Prescott develop more in the next 2 or 3 years.
My feeling is that Fletcher is better in the second row, though, which leaves us only 3 props. OK, Fielden counts as two, but any injury would leave us patching up yet again.
A continued loan would be OK, but with a "recall" option this time, just in case!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

pie eaters posted:
Its because Milward didnt like him and partly the reason Radlinski left the club too. He did have a knee injury but it wasnt as serious as the club statements let you believe.
Millward wanted to keep Scully but was told to offload him for salary cap reasons.

Rads had not played regularly for 2 yrs and decisions (k)need to be made! :)
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

pie eaters posted:
Its because Milward didnt like him and partly the reason Radlinski left the club too. He did have a knee injury but it wasnt as serious as the club statements let you believe.
Where did you get this from? Basil told me Scully had to go due to the cap. :conf:
kinell

Post by kinell »

perhaps he may play for free at Pieland?
kinell

Post by kinell »

perhaps he may play for free at Pieland?