Warrington Saw Nothing To Be Frightened Of Today!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors

Re: Warrington Saw Nothing To ...

Post by warriors »

The defence is kind of improving. But when they played Warrington. I dont think that it was at their best. If we played sanits all the time then we would win, coz we cant stand to lose against them. We think that they should imagine that they are playing saints all the time.

An pongy, what was up with him. I no what he was thinking if he touched it, he would of been offside. But then he would of given them a pen. We would of rather of given them a pen than a try.

Over all we won, an we hope to beat them in the semi. Best of luck to Wigan.
robjoenz

Re: Warrington Saw Nothing...

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
An pongy, what was up with him. I no what he was thinking if he touched it, he would of been offside. But then he would of given them a pen. We would of rather of given them a pen than a try.
Can you not get sin-binned though if you commit a (professional) foul deliberately? Or perhaps he was hoping someone else would be there behind him.
warriors

Post by warriors »

I dont think you can get sin binned for that. But im not positive. I will ask.

Me an everyone else was annoyed when it happened. But we won, so cool. Just hope that it wont happen again when we play them.

Rob, have you noticedthat when we play Saints. They always play their best. Why dont they do that all the time. It is like they save themselves for a Saints game.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
I dont think you can get sin binned for that. But im not positive. I will ask.

Me an everyone else was annoyed when it happened. But we won, so cool. Just hope that it wont happen again when we play them.

Rob, have you noticedthat when we play Saints. They always play their best. Why dont they do that all the time. It is like they save themselves for a Saints game.
You can get sin binned for purposefully holding down in the tackle to delay play and for a deliberate high shot so I would have thought deliberately giving away a penalty to stop a try would result in the same. Maybe even a pentalty try in this case because he obviosuly scored when Pongia left it. Then it would have been six points and a sin binning. That is my thinking anyway, can anyone else verify?

Yeah Johnny, you always play better in derby games, it happens in every sport (its how Man City beat United in the football). The local lads are up for it big time because there is local pride at stake, the players probably see each other outside of the rugby field so they want to stand there proud.

You'll notice though we played fantastic against Leeds in the GF eliminator last season, they're up for the games they need to win. There was definately a feeling around the South Stand on Monday that it wasn't a proper game, more of a warm up with the real game next week.

With Warrington in the cup again next week, we don't want to give too much away and at the same time we don't want injuries or suspensions, for example, they seemed to be winding Scully up, but he kept calm where maybe this Sunday he won't.
warriors

Post by warriors »

Just think about it tho. Every game that we have played Saints. we always play the best. An it shouldnt matter if they play in the derby. they should allways play the best.

But they are like. O we are playing Hull. We wont do are best. We are playing Bradford. We dont need to play are best co we will get beat. Saints. Now we have to play are best coz we cant lose against the team we hate.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

You're missing my point mate. I'm not saying they are complacent with the weaker sides but the players and fans alike get more excited and phsyched up for the big games, you're bound to be. Local derby - local pride, cup final - everything to lose, winners medal to gain! Thats why we always play well against Saints and in games when we need to.

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Its not just the derby matches though that we do well in. If we have everyone against us saying theres no chance that wigan can win this one, like they did at murrayfield and last year Good Friday, we go out and prove them wrong. Its not that we're not trying our best, we clearly are its just that every year for some reason our season starts off badly but we always come through it and finish strong, im not worried at all but its good to go into a wigan saints match knowing we can beat them
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
WindleWarrior

Re: Warrington Saw Nothing To ...

Post by WindleWarrior »

Frightened? You taking the p**s, they're terrified.
Not a chance of Warrington winning, they can't win, they just can't. They have never ever done it in a big game against us they lose their bottle.

Don't make me eat humble pie boys!!!!!!