kevin brown!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Stev0

Re: kevin brown!

Post by Stev0 »

sudokuwarrior posted:
made my feelings known on a similar post a couple of days ago. sorry to see him go. do not think he has been given a fair deal.
Bloody hell get your head out the sand. He doesn't make the cut. Sometimes the facts are brutal but lets face it, he ain't cut it this year..... good luck to him in his future career
Stev0

Post by Stev0 »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
DaveO posted:
All players make mistakes but the ones I refer to are etched on my brain due to the circumstances he made these errors in. The one where he went for glory on his own line on the last tackle letting the opposition in for a try was to me a clear indication he does not think about the game enough.
it comes to something when all people remember are the mistakes of others, some matches were won because of kevin brown, Saints vs Wigan when robbo scored a hat-trick, if kev hadn't scored his 2 and his quick passes to others, we would have lost,

and like sudoku warrior said, if he didn't have a rugby brain, he wouldn't have been scouted in the first place.
It really comes to something when basic facts need to be digested by some fans. Kevin can't tackle, this is relevant from the many one on one tackles he's missed this year, i really don't know if we are watching the same game sometimes, hope i'm not being too harsh but either i'm blind or you are
Jake

Post by Jake »

warrior_girl posted:
what does everybody think about him leaving?
This lad went the same way as Simon Houghton showed great promise gets injured then lose there bottle and go backwards
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Stev0 posted:
sudokuwarrior posted:
made my feelings known on a similar post a couple of days ago. sorry to see him go. do not think he has been given a fair deal.
Bloody hell get your head out the sand. He doesn't make the cut. Sometimes the facts are brutal but lets face it, he ain't cut it this year..... good luck to him in his future career
i think you have summed it up. You are right, he hasnt made the cut and isnt good enough for this wigan team... he isnt though is he?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
A lengthy response as usual Dave but I have done you the service of reading it. My question to you is why do you have such a downer on someone who has never been more than a fringe player and, therefore, has not really contributed to our current situation? There are other much more prominent figures such as Orr, Seu Seu, DV and Tickle who should have done much more to aid our cause and are therefore - in my eyes - far more deserving of criticism than Brown.
Amazing you can be pro Brown jimmy, absolutely amazing. Your point about orr is neither here nor there. Its quite funny actually as most of your posts over the last while are mainly directed towards your disdain for Dave's opinion and you actually bring no logic to your arguements. I agree that Dave goes on a bit and his posts are long, but at least they are reasonable. your are the opposite and I would have thought a man of your experience would be above just disagreeing with someone for the sake of it!!

Its a long time ago now I first posted about Brown being well below the quality we should have at Wigan and Haley went beserk. He has proved in 52 starts or whatever he was not up to it. He has neither the build, skills nor mentality to make it at the top of superleague. The coaches who gave him a chance - or at least talked about giving him a chance realised this fairly quick. The best british coach hasnt given him a sniff. i dont see anything positive after the watch game where stevo had had a few drinks and claimed he was the new messiah
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

sorry one more thing, we are talking about Brown here and whether he was or is good enough to play for Wigan, not whether someone else should be critised. whether he deserves criticism doesnt depend on Seu Seu having a bad game. you could start bringing refs into then
pedro

Post by pedro »

Brown has scored more than Orr due to him playing centre most of the time which is astrike position. Showed loads of potential but hasnt trained on any from 3 years ago.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

pedro posted:
Brown has scored more than Orr due to him playing centre most of the time which is astrike position. Showed loads of potential but hasnt trained on any from 3 years ago.
Brown was never a centre and was only played there due to injuries and lack of ability Vaeliki etc. But any good player puts himself attacking wise in the right place at the right time, be it a striker in football or for example Edwards in RL running of the shoulder of the ball carrier as all support runners do, he was a 7 not a 6, but adapted to change as all world class players do. Im not saying Brown is world class but he has potential and was perhaps rushed into the fray.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

stevocod posted:
pedro posted:
Brown was never a centre and was only played there due to injuries and lack of ability Vaeliki etc. But any good player puts himself attacking wise in the right place at the right time, be it a striker in football or for example Edwards in RL running of the shoulder of the ball carrier as all support runners do, he was a 7 not a 6, but adapted to change as all world class players do. Im not saying Brown is world class but he has potential and was perhaps rushed into the fray.

Here we go I feel another discussion coming on.

Are you saying Edwards was world class?

demt82

Post by demt82 »

thank god he was crap!!!
Doctor of medicine.(MBcHB)
You will be asleep soon.
Its only a little prick!