Re: Sean O'Loughlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jokerss posted:
everyone has a opinion, but as a freind off lockers, who is a true wigan lad, whoworks his socks off under imense pressure, it does not deserve such critism, what about the aussie journeymen who earn a dam site more than lockers does
What about them? In case you had not noticed the Aussies and Kiwis who are under performing get a lot of stick on here.

If Lockers makes mistakes or has a poor game he deserves the same level of critism as anybody else who makes mistakes or has a poor game.

Call a spade a spade.

Dave
jokerss

Post by jokerss »

all as i m sayin is he isnt the the only one who should take responsibility, there are a lot off under performers out there, but lets not detract away from a good win
baz
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

If there wasn't so much hype surrounding Lockers from his being a kid, he wouldn't recieve anywhere near as much critism as he does. How old is he? 23 at the oldest I think, and there's plenty more lads of his age who get praised to infinity for playing an average game, Lockers plays an average game and idiots on here call for his head. He's still a great player with a massive future and will form the core of the team over the next decade.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
mikeyt

Post by mikeyt »

i had this argument with my uncle last week,he said lockers should go but i totally disagree.
admittedly he has not had the best of seasons but neither has the whole team. but to say he isnt trying is way off mark. when you are in a bad position we can pick fault at anything and it seems to be sean taking the brunt now that moron has gone.

on the official website last year i for one cast my vote for lockers to be made captain as did many more and i stand by that decision.

i would love to see sean in a wigan shirt for many years to come and cant wait to see him lift the challenge cup for wigan next year
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

a few more wins and you will probably see lockers relax , he's just trying too hard a the moment and it's spoiling his game
JohnOK

Post by JohnOK »

Don't you think Sean O'Loughlin looks like Andy Murray the tennis player?
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Martin Taylor posted:
He is rubbish! Can't get involved in the game. He is always the second or third tackler, never the first. Once again his swinging arm is there! too small, too slow, no passion!
second or third in tackle, who cares? he probably makes twice as many tackles as alot of people on the pitch. you would be moaning if he went into a tackle one on one and the offense manage an offload. second or third in a tackle is good because then at least we know that they have less of a chance of getting the ball away. one for the top, one for the botoom and one covers the ball. whats bad about that :angry: lay off until you can actually talk sense about tackling technique.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Flash posted:
must agree he has been poo, made mistakes done naff all in attack and stood by and watched dobson make a tackle, why do some on here defend him so much
Mmmm Let's see shall we?

30+ tackles (again!) in oppressive heat.
Just one penalty (again!)
Played 80mins despite being his 3rd game in a week!
couple of good kicks (especially the one for Calderwood.
2 line breaks (something he was criticised for after the GB game.)
Almost created 2 tries (the one where Fletch knocked on and the attempted pass to 3 oncoming Wigan attackers which went to ground)
We won by 2 points from a penalty in front of the sticks, cleverly won by a player who scooted in to dummy half and ran at the defence to catch them offside. A brilliant play by Higham, er Orr...Oh of course; a certain Sean O' loughlin! Given that these two points proved ultimately to be the difference I think we can be thankful he was on the pitch, don't you?

He was criticised for not being first in the tackle. Once again this shows the ridiculous level of bias levelled against him. I suggest you go and do another count as he must have been around double figures for one on one tackles...including the first Wigan tackle of the game for God's sake!

Flash posted:
must agree he has been poo, made mistakes done naff all in attack and stood by and watched dobson make a tackle, why do some on here defend him so much
Mmmm Let's see shall we?

30+ tackles (again!) in oppressive heat.
Just one penalty (again!)
Played 80mins despite being his 3rd game in a week!
couple of good kicks (especially the one for Calderwood.
2 line breaks (something he was criticised for after the GB game.)
Almost created 2 tries (the one where Fletch knocked on and the attempted pass to 3 oncoming Wigan attackers which went to ground)
We won by 2 points from a penalty in front of the sticks, cleverly won by a player who scooted in to dummy half and ran at the defence to catch them offside. A brilliant play by Higham, er Orr...Oh of course; a certain Sean O' loughlin! Given that these two points proved ultimately to be the difference I think we can be thankful he was on the pitch, don't you?

He was criticised for not being first in the tackle. Once again this shows the ridiculous level of bias levelled against him. I suggest you go and do another count as he must have been around double figures for one on one tackles...including the first Wigan tackle of the game for God's sake!

:eusa2: :eusa2:
Lockers is one of the best players in the Wigan team at the moment he comes in for a lot of un neccasary stick i was brought up with his dad and his uncle kevin they are the nicest family you could wish to meet .
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Just to revive the "captaincy" debate (which I'm sure you've all missed for the past few days...)

This from Phil Clarke's SKY column...

" I think that the role of Captain in rugby league is over-emphasised. The game is that fast that each player has to concentrate on doing his own job. A Captain probably has an influence during the week at training and setting some standards for the players, but shouting encouragement and instructions during a match is more impressive for the cameras and fans than it is to his team-mates."

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 54,00.html
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

GeoffN posted:
Just to revive the "captaincy" debate (which I'm sure you've all missed for the past few days...)

This from Phil Clarke's SKY column...

" I think that the role of Captain in rugby league is over-emphasised. The game is that fast that each player has to concentrate on doing his own job. A Captain probably has an influence during the week at training and setting some standards for the players, but shouting encouragement and instructions during a match is more impressive for the cameras and fans than it is to his team-mates."

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 54,00.html

Partly agree, partly disagree