This weeks attendances.....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
#1 warrior princess

This weeks attendances.....

Post by #1 warrior princess »

Harlequins V Wigan - 4115
Wakey V Saints - 4927
Salford V Bull - 4203
Cas V Wires - 5411
Huddersfield V Rhinos - 7416

Those who went yesterday shold be proud.
IMO 80% of that attendance were warriors fans.
You can take the girl out of Wigan, but you can't take Wigan out of the girl!
ancientnloyal

Re: This weeks attendances.......

Post by ancientnloyal »

Looking at the HOME fixtures... the attendances do not surprise me. I'd have thought more people would turn up for Salford v Bradford IMO but ehere you go.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

#1 warrior princess posted:
Harlequins V Wigan - 4115
Wakey V Saints - 4927
Salford V Bull - 4203
Cas V Wires - 5411
Huddersfield V Rhinos - 7416

Those who went yesterday shold be proud.
IMO 80% of that attendance were warriors fans.
Add in 4479 for Cats vs Hull.

Sorry, but those numbers are terrible! No wonder we're still a minority sport. No discredit to Wigan fans travelling to London, or if any Hull fans travelled to the south of France, but only 4000 for Salford vs Bulls? 7500 for Hudds vs Leeds, which is a derby match? And did St Helens, who used to taunt us with that "you've got the worst supporters in the land" moronic chant, take any fans at all to watch their league-leading team? Where have all the fans gone? It's a bit of a shocker that there wasn't a single 10000+ supported game this weekend. Maybe the fixtures weren't the best, based on form from previous seasons these fixtures would have all looked like top team vs bottom team, but it's not much of an advertisement for RL.

Looking further down, Oldham vs Rochdale drew a whole 713 fans - the weather's probably been rotten up there but you couldn't get too much closer for a derby match - and all of 253 for Gateshead vs Skolars!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Robbo87

Re: This weeks attendances...

Post by Robbo87 »

not good crowds at all imo, ok so the london game maybe had an excuse due to the england game, but what is everyone else's excuse?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Theve all gone on holiday
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

jaws1 posted:
Theve all gone on holiday
Still term-time... plus, I doubt people in St Helens* can afford to go on holidays, unless they are in the glass making business where they perhaps have Bonds or something

* I am only joking, no offence to anyone in st helens
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

those figures are a disgrace and they say sl can carry on with out wigan ,think not no wander the smaller clubs want the sallary cap kept low ,because they know they cant afford any more ,remember the 1-8 million is a maximum not a minimum,get im now and check all there books
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
Sorry, but those numbers are terrible! No wonder we're still a minority sport. No discredit to Wigan fans travelling to London, or if any Hull fans travelled to the south of France, but only 4000 for Salford vs Bulls? 7500 for Hudds vs Leeds, which is a derby match? And did St Helens, who used to taunt us with that "you've got the worst supporters in the land" moronic chant, take any fans at all to watch their league-leading team? Where have all the fans gone?
The figures are very poor and the RL ought to be worried about it.

If you notice all the best supported clubs were away but obviously didn't take a great many fans with them apart from us.

The crowd figures look very different when Leeds, Bulls, Wigan, Wire and even Saints are at home although Saints gates have been poor all season given their position.

All the other clubs ought to be worry about the franchise system in 2009 because with gates like that they are not bringing much to the sport in a commercisal sense. It would not take much for a smart well run outfit to bid for a franchise on the basis they could do a better job than the under acheivers.

Dave
Mrs Feka!!

Post by Mrs Feka!! »

the figures are poor but if the away teams were playing at home, it would be a completely different story
Chandler: How come Donald duck NEVER wears shorts, but whenever he gets outta the shower, he always puts a towel round his waist? I mean whats that all about?!?!

:lol: :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Emma_Mckenzie11 posted:
the figures are poor but if the away teams were playing at home, it would be a completely different story
Perhaps, but that doesn't relieve the teams who WERE at home from trying to attract the crowds. What happened to the days of the fans at some of the smaller clubs coming out of the woodwork just because such-a-team were coming to town? We still see it at Wigan when the Scousers visit, why is the visit of, for example, the current champions not seen as a bit of an event instead of yet another bottom vs bottom clash where you might expect some desperation rugby to be on display? Do clubs no longer bother with marketing, instead letting their fans have an attitude of "we're playing Saints, we're going to lose by lots so let's not bother even going? I think that's a pretty poor state of affairs, one would argue that perhaps the sport isn't doing as well as the chiefs would have us belief if many fans are not going unless they think their team has a chance of a win.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]