PRAISE/GRUMBLE - HARLEQUINS!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: PRAISE/GRUMBLE - HARLE...

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

ancientnloyal posted:
Red isnt my colour anyways, but i do wear lycra some days... (cycling of course).. so i'll leave you tonight with your minds wondering.

(wont be wearing red mini skirt on friday... unless I go out and get drunk)
i have a red mini that i wear for dancing, you are quite welcome to borrow it
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
ancientnloyal posted:
Red isnt my colour anyways, but i do wear lycra some days... (cycling of course).. so i'll leave you tonight with your minds wondering.

(wont be wearing red mini skirt on friday... unless I go out and get drunk)
i have a red mini that i wear for dancing, you are quite welcome to borrow it
No, you are ok, i'll stick with my lycra
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Praise: A team trying to say up

Grumble: A team not good enough to stay up

standishcat

Post by standishcat »

You should be a Bradford fan with the amount of "bull" you talk.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

standishcat posted:

I once had the pleasure of watching the Lion King in London, a great production.

One of the sets showed Simba being hit over the head with a stick, he asked what was that? The reply was that was the truth!

Simba said well that hurt! The reply being, the truth always hurts!

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Wigan Watcher posted:
standishcat posted:

I once had the pleasure of watching the Lion King in London, a great production.

One of the sets showed Simba being hit over the head with a stick, he asked what was that? The reply was that was the truth!

Simba said well that hurt! The reply being, the truth always hurts!
I remember saying the same thing to We_Need_A_Couch when (s)he was on with his/her weekly whinges about the end of the world last season: what you might consider the truth can only be your own opinion. Please don't try and convince everyone that your views are fact, because unless you have a time machine then you cannot possibly know yet if we are not good enough to stay up. Personal opinions and truth are different, everyone is entitled to the former but please be prepared to accept people disputing your opinions of the "truth" especially when it relates to something that hasn't even happened yet.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

But of course it is only my opinion what else can it be, I see you only stating the obvious here Fraggle

Mrs Feka!!

Post by Mrs Feka!! »

Praise: Hat-trick of wins
Calderwood an Orr had their best game in a wigan shirt
once again we played the full 80 mins

Grumble: The 2 video ref decicions, if that was wigan, those decicions would not have gone our way! :angry:
Chandler: How come Donald duck NEVER wears shorts, but whenever he gets outta the shower, he always puts a towel round his waist? I mean whats that all about?!?!

:lol: :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Wigan Watcher posted:
But of course it is only my opinion what else can it be, I see you only stating the obvious here Fraggle
Maybe, but I think people just come across as a bit arrogant when they bandy words around like "fact" and "truth" when they are, as you say, merely stating their own opinion. It suggests they are so sure of their thoughts that there cannot be any argument, since "the truth" should be provable and beyond doubt, but personal opinion is by its nature subjective and cannot be 100% factual or truthful. An opinion of a future event or state cannot be proven in any way ahead of time (and yes, I know that really is stating the obvious!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Fraggle posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
Maybe, but I think people just come across as a bit arrogant when they bandy words around like "fact" and "truth" when they are, as you say, merely stating their own opinion. It suggests they are so sure of their thoughts that there cannot be any argument, since "the truth" should be provable and beyond doubt, but personal opinion is by its nature subjective and cannot be 100% factual or truthful. An opinion of a future event or state cannot be proven in any way ahead of time (and yes, I know that really is stating the obvious!)
You are doing it again Fraggle, I would have thought it was so obvious that it’s only opinions and the fact and this is a fact we are only making opinions on future matches. Words used must be taken into context when reading posts but again that is very obvious also especially when scenarios are used.

Light hearted fun is just that, it can be taken in and then thrown away with lets say the chip paper from last nights supper.