Signed team shirt

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Tickle's Warbabe

Signed team shirt

Post by Tickle's Warbabe »

Does anyone have any ideas how i can get a signed team shirt for my nephew for his birthday. Ive tried to get to the tunnel on match day and i have seen a few of the guys stop in the past and sign autographs but by the time i mountaineer down they have gone. :)
robjoenz

Re: Signed team shirt

Post by robjoenz »

You occassionally get a few on eBay but they're normally old players, they have one at the moment with Steve Hampson's signature on the back but I doubt your nephew would be interested.

Your best bet is probably to loiter around the tunnel, near the team coach at away matches and near their training ground. Trouble is you might get arrested for stalking them, hehe.
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

Ring the club up and ask what they do in such circumstances, you never know you might just drop on someone helpful for a change but don't hold your breath as they aren't renowned for their co-operation
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

You have to go to organised parties and stuff! Like after terroy o'conners testamonial match you could go to the john smiths suite and all the players were there singing shirts! Also they are sometimes there after games!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

When we first got the JJB you could stand outside the reception area and get signed shirts, dont know if you can still do that with the wigan team, I know theres ALWAYS a woman there looking for autographs and we seem to have dug a secret tunnel for our players who were getting stalked by her lol! Last year when i did a german exchange trip I got Rogers autograph from Cas. Nice bloke he is!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Tickle's Warbabe

Post by Tickle's Warbabe »

Thanks for all the suggestions i ve got till July to hopefully gets some autographs, i ll give it my best shot and i hope not to get arrested for stalking hee hee. :lol:
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Contact the club. The team has certain days that they sign shirts, rugby balls etc... on. I know Stuart Raper put his foot down on this and they clamped down on the number of signings, but my brother and I chipped in, bought a shirt and got it signed for my eldest brother's 30th Birthday - it was even presented on the pitch at half time!!! A birthday to remember I think.

Anyway, take my advice and good luck!!!!