Player of the Season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Re: Player of the Season

Post by turf »

Mine are:

1. Chris Ashton

2. Stuart Fielden (Since he joined us)

JohnOK

Post by JohnOK »

Very difficult question when there has been little to choose from.

Feka is really starting to hit form,
Gareth Hock's return has been vital but I think Ashton just shades it for me.
Dark Fairy

Post by Dark Fairy »

All good replies you Wigan lads :D Must say there are good choices.

Must say I like Feka, forgve my little nickname but if I do say so myself he's a little tank. He can do some action on the field when he gets going.

Though Fielden did impress me in the match at the JJB, especailly showing the other team a thing or two. Plus he was nice enough to sign my shirt :D
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
Mine are:

1. Chris Ashton

2. Stuart Fielden (Since he joined us)
Depends how you look at it - I'd say a "player of the season" would have to have played most of the games, which would rule out Fielden, Dobson, Hock and Rads; four of our best players in the games they've actually played in.
For consistently good performances, over a high proportion of the fixtures, I'd have to go for Chris Ashton.
Godwin started well, but faded (even before his injury), Higham took a while to settle in, Feca has been good in patches, Dallas & Lockers consistently good but not great..no other candidates that I can see.
The voting on here (Player Statistics) would suggest Feca, though, of those who have played more than half the season.
Mrs Feka!!

Post by Mrs Feka!! »

ashton
Chandler: How come Donald duck NEVER wears shorts, but whenever he gets outta the shower, he always puts a towel round his waist? I mean whats that all about?!?!

:lol: :conf:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Higham.

He reminds me of Dallas with his attitude. Gets on with it with little fuss and gives 100% all the time. Big boots to fill in replacing Newton but has come up with some crucial plays for us.

At times he has looked so far ahead of the rest of the team with his thinking it was frightening to think how slow witted the rest of them were.

Dave

Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

If we do stay up and win quite a few of our remaining games i think Fielden will get man of steel and chris Ashton will get young player of the year.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

According to the current statistics on the Player Statistics page (compiled from every weeks man of the match voting on this site), the players with highest average ratings (playing over 10 matches) are:

Pld Rating
Feka 18 7.4
Godwin 19 6.5
Ashton 21 6.4
Fletcher 14 6.4
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Mike posted:
According to the current statistics on the Player Statistics page (compiled from every weeks man of the match voting on this site), the players with highest average ratings (playing over 10 matches) are:

Pld Rating
Feka 18 7.4
Godwin 19 6.5
Ashton 21 6.4
Fletcher 14 6.4
Surely it can't be wayne godwin, he hasnt played 19 matches!!! Thats just the young girls voting for him.

I agree with Geoff, although Feka made a huge impact at the start of the season, her didnt look as good after his injury and is only now coming back to his best.

Fielden, only played 2 matches so that rules him out.

Higham has been consistent to some extent, like everyone else kind of. Dallas fits in here along with Orr...

But, although Ashton isnt the best fullback this season, he has been our best player... Shame Calderwood is only just starting to play his best for us in the last 2 games or else he would have been #1
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame