Not impressed....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Danielle2006

Not impressed....

Post by Danielle2006 »

What the hell was Wigan playing at not even giving Calderwood a sniff of that ball...we could have had god knows how many more tried if i think it wasnt for Dobson being so bleeding greedy...i thought he was being a bit selfish in not passinhg the ball to Calderwood, he was waiting there sooo many time to run down...ah well, great win though eh? :D
Danielle2006

Re: Not impressed....

Post by Danielle2006 »

pieater-alex posted:
Danielle2006 posted:
What the hell was Wigan playing at not even giving Calderwood a sniff of that ball...we could have had god knows how many more tried if i think it wasnt for Dobson being so bleeding greedy...i thought he was being a bit selfish in not passinhg the ball to Calderwood, he was waiting there sooo many time to run down...ah well, great win though eh? :D
Dobson has got one of the best kicking games and goal kicking record in super league he set up dallas on 1 wing for a try and your criticsing him !!!!

ungrateful wigan fan
No...its not that im ungrateful...its i think he should of given Calderwood a chance so...
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Danielle2006 posted:
Whilst it's difficult to be too critical after a win that has seen us (at least temporarily) move off the relegation spot against a top 6 team who have been going well this year, I have to say that Calderwood didn't do a great deal with the ball in attack when he did get it. He did, however, have a superb game in defence and he seems to have found an excellent centre partner in that new guy Radlinski... Salford got very little change out of running down our right hand flank.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Danielle2006

Post by Danielle2006 »

True...with the recent games with Calderwood scoring the tries i thought that he could have got us some more points but obviously not, dallas and dobson both playted extremely well...well done wigan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Danielle it depends on the opposition really. Salford defend in a way that makes it difficult to go on the outside other than kicking behind. So the best opportunities for both wingers were little kicks. I felt we missed one trick though. Hodgson stood 10 yards behind his line on early tackles at fullback and he stayed were the ball was. A couple of passes and huge kick downfield for Calders would have been very interesting.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I thought Godwin deserved more criticism than Dobson in attack - he was making good breaks but twice had Ashton in support and didn't pass to him.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

GeoffN posted:
I thought Godwin deserved more criticism than Dobson in attack - he was making good breaks but twice had Ashton in support and didn't pass to him.
And boy did ashton let him know as well. It would have capped a good performance from godwin if he could have got ashton away