was it right to let long +gleeson play!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the grinch

was it right to let long +gleeson play!

Post by the grinch »

now i know they havent been charged with anything yet but sean long was man of the match for stains today and he has been implicated in cheating should he have been suspended until this has been cleared up!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
kt4ever_1

Re: was it right to let long +...

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I think they should play! Iniconet till proven guilty (sorry i cant spell) in this country!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
MrsLam

Re: was it right to let lo...

Post by MrsLam »

Well as long as that rule is consistant then thats fine. And he has actually admitted to putting a bet on "for his friend" so really he is guilty
Its annoying when he gets man o match though after the bad names hes brought to the wonderful sport of rugby!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Re: was it right to let long +...

Post by robjoenz »

the grinch posted:
he has been implicated in cheating should he have been suspended until this has been cleared up!
There is no allegation of him cheating. He just stupidly used his inside knowledge and broke a 'bye-law.' Stupid as he is he deserves a proper hearing and the RFL want to do a thorough job.

What Long did was totally unrealted to the field and I think the RFL have viewed the Bradford game and have cleared Gleeson of any type of match fixing so both cases are off the field. If you follow this train of thought the punishment for breaking the bye-law should be an off the field punishment, i.e. a fine.

So Yes, I think they were ok to play.
mario

Post by mario »

robjoenz posted:
the grinch posted:
he has been implicated in cheating should he have been suspended until this has been cleared up!
There is no allegation of him cheating. He just stupidly used his inside knowledge and broke a 'bye-law.' Stupid as he is he deserves a proper hearing and the RFL want to do a thorough job.

What Long did was totally unrealted to the field and I think the RFL have viewed the Bradford game and have cleared Gleeson of any type of match fixing so both cases are off the field. If you follow this train of thought the punishment for breaking the bye-law should be an off the field punishment, i.e. a fine.

So Yes, I think they were ok to play.
Don't see how the RFL can come to the conclusion that Gleeson is clear of any match fixing! If some how that game had of been close and Gleeson had to make a try saving tackle he would be caught in two minds whether he liked it or not. I think they should'nt have been allowed to play,but like you say Rob they have to have a fair hearing and that should have been before the semi-final. Contradicting myself i hope they don't have the hearing until after the final now so Millward has no excuses!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I must agree that the investigation is taking a very long time. The RFL has said it will not be over until July whilst Saints commented they should reach a verdict within the next fortnight, so I shall be interested to see what they do, if anything, and what they have to say about it.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

ill tell you what will happen both players will be found guillty and fined with a two match ban each straight after they have played the final for stains!
it stinks and it will be another white wash!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart