Sunday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Phil - London

Sunday

Post by Phil - London »

Came up for the game yesterday with my two boys (7 and 4). Just like to say a big thank you to every one at Wigan for your hospitality and how impressed we were with the set up there.
Less said about the game the better. As my eldest dryly pointed out at half time ' it wouldn't be so bad if we could tackle'. A look at the points against column would appear to back that up.
Irrespective of this it looks like there are two more young recruits to the game in the south - its only a small step but a step none the less.
Look forward to seeing you all again next time we are at the JJB - hopefully some more will travel next time.
Good luck in Cardiff - we will be cheering for you
Fraggle

Re: Sunday

Post by Fraggle »

Glad you enjoyed the game, a shame about the performance from your lads and also a shame that more London fans couldn't make it on a Sunday afternoon. It's understandable not being able to get to away games on Friday nights but you'd like to think that Sundays would encourage a few people to go along. A number of us are already planning the trip to Griffin Park, again sensibly a Sunday afternoon, hopefully you'll have Jim Dymock back by then and he can rally your troops a bit better. Whilst I enjoy watching lots of tries, to be honest I prefer a close contest and there have been a few of those in London in recent years so I'm hoping for more of the same this year. Anyway, I hope you and your lads had an enjoyable day despite the score.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
redhead

Post by redhead »

Great day for a game of rugby glad you liked it and hopefully we can play that well against the Saints hope to see more of you guys at the away game generally always a good atmosphere at London games and its good to see you guys coming up North must be hard for you for away games but nice to hear you yesterday.
the little walnut
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yep! I could hear you (unless that was the east stand...) but I thought it was really weird listening to how much noise only a few fans could make, so imagine what we must sound like at games like saints/bradford/leeds! Never realised before I didnt really think about distance issue before but its a lot of money to be coming up north either by coach or car every other week. What's the pricing like? There should be some sort of deal so people who regularly go arent paying £20 a person per week

To be honest I think London just had a very very off game and will come back from that defeat and hopefully next game, is that bradford?? they'll get some confidence back Good luck if it is!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

its always nice to hear from the away fans.it would be good if the sport really took off in london. the potencial there is fantastic look at arsenal chelsea spurs all pulling massive crowds in. come on you cockneys support your team!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

the only problem RL has is it is not promoted enough, in london, & also here in the midlands to be frank, sky sports news don`t show enough and it is usually at stupid hours, like 2 minutes at 11:50pm of the highlights.. not good enough..

there were more fans there ( london) last year on the friday night, they had 2 or 3 coaches. AND the pulled one out on us!

broncos are on a good run of late.. i wsn`t expecting that scoreline!
but i`m glad u enjoyed the jjb experience phil.. i am always made feel welcome every week so my trek up the m6 ( yes.. even in the fri night rush hour LOL) is very worth while!

thanx for taking the time out to post on our board!!