Carney dropped from Superleague squad!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Carney dropped from Superleague squad!!!!

Post by Fraggle »

According to today's RL Express. But don't worry kiddies, it's just another workaround for the ridiculous salary cap. I can't quite figure out how it's going to work but according to Chairman Mo, Lam has now agreed a contract for the rest of this year but to fit him in under the 20/20 rule we've had to release Brian ("We will welease Bwian"!) from the SL squad whilst he's out injured. What happens when he's fit again I'm not sure, but Chairman Mo is quoted as saying we can release as many players as we like from the list of SL registered players but can only recall 2 of those players, he doesn't seem concerned that there will be any problem. Are we really so up against the cap that we're having to juggle the squad like this, temporarily releasing injured players to put together a full team?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Welski

Re: Carney dropped from Superl...

Post by Welski »

Fraggle posted:
we've had to release Brian ("We will welease Bwian"!)
Class! :lol:
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
mario

Re: Carney dropped from Su...

Post by mario »

I read the same article.
Does this mean Brian does'nt get sick pay or the RFL give you an allowence for this?
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

hes an orrell player for a while!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Cleveland Pieman

Post by Cleveland Pieman »

If Carney is dropped does this mean he can temporarily endulge in off shore betting on Warriors results?
(alledgedly) :D