Sean Long

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Susi

Re: Sean Long

Post by Susi »

According to the very polite wire fan we ran into (**nker). He's signed done deal for £400,00 for next year. I myself don't see it. I'm sure he signed for 3 year last year for the smellies.
It would be a step back for him.
Don't think he'd be popular here.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

i rather sweep fog off our front than watch a wigan team with long in :D
george of the jungle

Post by george of the jungle »

I really hope that wire have signed him and we have not.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

it doesnt matter how good he is! he is not popular with the fans and he wouldnt be accepted. imagine a player getting booed every time he gets the ball from his own fans! no it wouldnt work out for him at wigan warrington have no history with him so maybe. :doz:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

the grinch posted:
it doesnt matter how good he is! he is not popular with the fans and he wouldnt be accepted. imagine a player getting booed every time he gets the ball from his own fans! no it wouldnt work out for him at wigan warrington have no history with him so maybe. :doz:

Saying that Grinch, we could loan him out to Widnes, exactly the same story with Denis Moran... but without the 'sacking' bit.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

There is not a chance on god's green earth that Long will come back to Wigan. He has made it clear all his career how much he dislikes Wigan! You have to remember that he feels the same about us that we feel for him. Pure hate!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

How can he not love wigan, he grew up during the glory years, as a kid, from the good part of wigan, its law that you only support wigan rugby, then you join the club, rise thropugh the ranks... still love for wigan... oh but we didnt want him and joined the dark side.

Kinda like Anakin Skywalker
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

As far as I know it wasn't that we just didn't want him, there were some accusations that he MAY have been involved in an incident in Wigan on a night out. Nevertheless he is still wigan born and bred and grew up in a council flat in New Springs and went to Deanery High School. As a person I cant stand him, but he is still a class act. I never liked Faz or Shaun Edwards off the pitch but when they wore the cherry and white I supported them like I did all the players in our squad.

dads58

Post by dads58 »

jinkin jimmy posted:
As far as I know we are set at half back next yr with Leuluai and Barrett. :doz:
jinkin jimmy posted:
As far as I know we are set at half back next yr with Leuluai and Barrett. :doz:
was just reading through the posts and noticed again that someone mentioned wigan had signed Leuluai for next year. Has this singing been confirmed because i hav'nt heard anything of this in the papers or on tv etc, only on here has anything been mentioned about the singing. So just wondering incase i have missed something.
Most famous team in the world playing the greatest game in the universe!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Sutty posted:
As far as I know it wasn't that we just didn't want him, there were some accusations that he MAY have been involved in an incident in Wigan on a night out. Nevertheless he is still wigan born and bred and grew up in a council flat in New Springs and went to Deanery High School. As a person I cant stand him, but he is still a class act. I never liked Faz or Shaun Edwards off the pitch but when they wore the cherry and white I supported them like I did all the players in our squad.

This is spooky!

Have you been reading my mind?