REFEREE FOR FRIDAY IS..........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: REFEREE FOR FRIDAY IS....

Post by FROM A TO B »

stacey c posted:
turf posted:
Karl Kirkpatrick. It´s a great shame we are not on television. It would be great to hear what funny comments he says to players on Friday.

What about one of them ear pieces that you can buy so that you can listen to the ref - anyone going to buy one?
can you still buy those? If so where?
I know someone who has one,I'll ask him to post on here where he got it from (if I see him tonight).
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Pie Eyed

Post by Pie Eyed »

Right. It's me - The man who listens in......

First things first - You cannot buy the "Refs Call". The RFL never made it available for league matches (only for Cup Final/Tri-Nations so far).

However, even when they were thinking about it, it would have cost about £15 or £20 per season, and would ONLY have worked at 1 ground (i.e. home games).

What I have is a scanner that I bought off ebay for £80. Well worth it for unlimited and unrestricted access, no matter if they change channels.

That means that I can listen at ALL grounds (even when they change frequency like last night).

If you get one, make sure that it scans up to, and including 900MHz.

The normal frequency at Wigan is 820.250MHz, although last night they used the alternate of 590.400MHz.

Other grounds use 812.250, 854.500, 860.650, 812.250, 820.200-820.300, 820.625, 857.425, 791.700 and 749.250.

They may also use others.

The main ones are the 812.250 and 820.200 to 820.300 ranges.

Some of the others ONLY pick up the ref (i.e. NOT the TJ's or match commissioner), but are useful when there's interference on the main bandwidth.

All of the above bandwidths are on WFM (Wide FM), and not NFM (Narrow FM).

If anyone wants to find out more, just ask at a match.

I am the guy on the Deauville, red biker jacket and boots, with "Nobbys Nuts 06" on the back of my shirt.

Hope that helps.
AndyJones

Post by AndyJones »

I saw you there Pie Eyed. Was sat about 3 or 4 rows behind you, and noticed the ear peice and was curious as to what it was - now I know.