incompetence

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
carl hodson

incompetence

Post by carl hodson »

i dont think our current standing in super league is totally down to the players or coaches-it is incompetence at a higher level.Now that we have been docked 2 priceless points due to the salary cap debacle, i think this goes to prove how incompetent.Or are they going to blame this on the players and coaches as well?
GeoffN

Re: incompetence

Post by GeoffN »

As I see it, there are three possible scenarios:

1. Maurice didn't realise we were going to be over the cap, and so did nothing (such as loaning out players) to ensure we stayed under it.

2. Maurice knew we'd be over, but expected it to be less than 52% (as opposed to the actual 52.3%), which would have been a fine but no points deducted.

3. Maurice knew exactly how much we'd be over, but didn't expect the 2 points to matter.

If 1. he should be sacked for incompetence.

If 2. he should be sacked for incompetence and dishonesty

If 3. he should be sacked for incompetence, dishonesty, arrogance and bringing the club into disrepute.

Have I missed anything?
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

Who sacks him though..whelan?? I find it hard to believe he did not know what was going on...other than that you summed it up well!
If we don't ask questions we turn into sheep...and I don't trust the shepherds.
Susi

Post by Susi »

To get rid of a Chairman or Minister for that matter, can they not issue a vote of no confidence.
I'm sure after yesterdays debacle there is not any confidence left in Mr. Linsey and he should be voted off asap. before he messes owt else up. :angry:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No you have missed nothing and i totally agree,he should be sacked immediately.We really are going to struggle to stay up now and all because Mo is arrogant and incompetent. I feel for Nobby and the players who by sheer hard work and commitment have turned the club round recently and still face relagation.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ronireved posted:
what if? the accountant got his figures wrong,and maurice accepted them OR the accountant got it right and maurice ignored them????
Both get fired. Management should always take responsibility for their staff's cock-ups, if the staff member got it wrong then he's not fit for the job, and if (s)he got it right but felt (s)he was being ignored, but still did nothing to complain about that, then I would suggest they have not got the organisation's best interests at heart. There's enough media interest in the sport that a whistleblower could have released something to the press if they felt the club was ignoring the accounts and deliberately breaking the rules, Rugby Leaguer would have snapped it up like a shot.

Sorry, I still say there are no excuses for us breaking the cap. If we'd done to gain an advantage, then at least we could say we cheated for a purpose, but last season was supposed to be the worst for 25 years or some thing (not really sure where that puts this season, but anyway...) so we gained absolutely nothing.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

Lyndsey said the salary cap can take care of itself

Ya.. it looks like it aswell
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

what worries me,how much are we overspent THIS SEASON? WHAT WE ARE TALKING IS NOT PEANUTS.last season £80-000 over, this season??????????????????
is it not time we all listened to older members re doris?remember HE was the man who wanted salary cap when he was in charge
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oldtimer posted:
what worries me,how much are we overspent THIS SEASON? WHAT WE ARE TALKING IS NOT PEANUTS.last season £80-000 over, this season??????????????????
is it not time we all listened to older members re doris?remember HE was the man who wanted salary cap when he was in charge
One difference this season is that we have taken steps to remove players from the player rosta once they are no longer needed. Last season we'll have paid out 35 players (squad numbers 1-34, plus Davico). We're up number 37 this year, except Brown, Hargreaves, Moran, SeuSeu and several others have been sold or gone on loan. I think our current squad is only 27 players.

We could well be over the limit this year, or we may have been able to reduce the squad enough to be ok, but if we are over it is probably only by a similar amount.

Incidentally, the salary cap cannot have been ML's idea alone, such rules are voted in by all the SL teams, and the smaller teams will have seen a lot of benefits for them and would have been very supportive. I've already voted that he should go for this incompetance, but I don't think he can be solely blamed for the salary cap, and many would argue that it is a better sport for this levelling of the spending.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mic23

Post by mic23 »

Exactly! We've spent a blimmin fortune. We'll be docked 6 points next season for sure!