squad 4 cardiff

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: squad 4 cardiff

Post by robjoenz »

Warriors_ace_17 posted:
...(Orr) has improved a hell of a lot since those players returned.
He has improved 'slightly' at best, Lam has improved at ten times the rate because he was working towards it for so long. Orr has just slipped into the squad, played every game and done little since Lam, Cass and Faz came back, Faz and Cass have been back for weeks now and there's been no real change in Orr. I'm not saying owt stupid like send him back to Cas, I'm just saying rotate the team a little when we can afford to so he values his place and works towards it. A bit of healthy competition for each position.
mario

Post by mario »

I dont think i've ever seen Lukes head go down. He always gave 100% and you cant ask for more than that.
Don't think anybody looked to Orr when Faz and Lammy was out because he was'nt performing. The player that stood out then was O'loughlin and that for me says it all because it should of been someone with Orrs experience! Luke took the can for Orr not performing!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

People keep mentioning Williams, what about Liam Colbon? I'm not slating Desi for one bad match, but Liam was faultless in the short time he played on Friday, he's as much entitled to a run out as Desi IMO. Infact he's a big tall lad who maybe looked more comfortable with the kicks, I'd have no problems playing him if needed. But he's not experienced in finals, and we really should be playing the strongest squad.

FWIW here's my 20:-

FB - Rads
LW - Dallas
LC - Hodgeson, or Brown if Aspinwall is not fit.
RC - O'Laughlin
RW - Aspinwall if fit, or Hodgy with Brown at LC*
SO - Orr
SH - Lam
P1 - Craig Smith
HK - Newton
P2 - Pongia
S1 - Hock
S2 - Wild
LF - Farrell

Sub1 - O'Connor if fit, otherwise Cassidy.
Sub2 - Sculthorpe
Sub3 - Tickle
Sub4 - Kevin Brown, or Mark Smith if Brown starts

Res1 - Robinson
Res2 - Mark Smith
Res3 - Cassidy if not playing, or Williams / Colbon.

Not sure if Mick Cassidy has done enough to get in the squad this year, with so many 2nd rows someone has to miss out. Dallas and Hodgy is the ideal partnership, Hodgy was too scorer this year from that position and Dallas is stunning this year. Brown should be on the bench ahead of Mark Smith, Dodgy is not 100% and a reserve 3/4 is essential with the problems we've had this year. Again not enough subs to accommodate everyone since we always rotate 4 props.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Warriors_ace_17

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

gott to disagree with hodgeson. I want to see brown there, i am so impressed by him and he works so well with dallas. In my opinion we should start with dallas with brown.

Liam Colbon, come on 10 mins theres no way he should even be considered. Cassidy is a must though. I really hope i am proved wrong by Robinson in the future, if he does i will have no problem with excepting that i was wrong, but IMO i just dont think i am.
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Warriors_ace_17 posted:
gott to disagree with hodgeson. I want to see brown there, i am so impressed by him and he works so well with dallas. In my opinion we should start with dallas with brown.

Liam Colbon, come on 10 mins theres no way he should even be considered. Cassidy is a must though. I really hope i am proved wrong by Robinson in the future, if he does i will have no problem with excepting that i was wrong, but IMO i just dont think i am.
Agree with you Warriors_ace_17 (for once lol). I think Cassidy should be in there for his tackling and his ability to get the team going as he runs into a tackle with his head!

I'd like to see the 3/4 line as
DALLAS
BROWN
HODGSON
ASPINWALL

I am really impressed by Brown and continue to be impressed by Dallas and Aspi and I thought Hodgy had a good first game back and I feel earnt his place. Not sure about Wild, someone was saying to me they prefer him to Brown for his strength and power near the try line, but I think I prefer Browns tackling.

Not sure Colbon has had enough action in the firsts to be considered yet, perhaps the same case for Desi.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

robjoenz posted:
Agree with you Warriors_ace_17 (for once lol). I think Cassidy should be in there for his tackling and his ability to get the team going as he runs into a tackle with his head!

I'd like to see the 3/4 line as
DALLAS
BROWN
HODGSON
ASPINWALL

I am really impressed by Brown and continue to be impressed by Dallas and Aspi and I thought Hodgy had a good first game back and I feel earnt his place. Not sure about Wild, someone was saying to me they prefer him to Brown for his strength and power near the try line, but I think I prefer Browns tackling.

Not sure Colbon has had enough action in the firsts to be considered yet, perhaps the same case for Desi.
Re: Colbon, that was the point I was making. I couldn't see why people are mentioning Desi without Liam given their limited game time, but I don't think either should be considered for Cardiff.

As for Brown / Wild / Cassidy, where does Locky fit into your team? He's been generally one of the form players this season, but often pushed out to the 3/4 line because of Orr. The second row is two from Hock, Tickle, Cassidy, Wild, O'Laughlin with maybe one of Locky or Wild in the 3/4 line. Should Cassidy with his suspect handling be ahead of the others? Sure, his tackling is 2nd to none but he can't kick (Locky, Tickle), and doesn't have much pace (Hock, Wild). At least one top player misses out on the final, possibly only 2 of them will even make the starting 13. It's a difficult decision, I'm glad I'm not a coach!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaNnY jOnEs

Post by DaNnY jOnEs »

well not been on for a bit lads but I'm back with a team that can't fail to overturn millwood n the rest of the scum-
1. Radlinski
2. Dallas
3. Brown
4. Hodgsen
5. Aspinwall
6. Orr
7. Lam
8. Pongia
9. Newton
10. Smith
11. Cassidy
12. Tickle
13. Farrell (c)

14. Hock
15. Sculthorpe
16. Smith
19. Wild
Sorry big tez but your just not doing it for me this year.

Championies championies ole ole ole !!!!!!!!!!!
if you hate St.Helens clap your hands!
Warriors_ace_17

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

Replace hodgeson with O'Laughlin, he's been in good form all year, hodgeson has only just come back from injury and i dont think he deserves a palce in team, whereas O'Laughlin does.

Shocked you missed out big tez, i know he hasnt been in top form this year, but i still think he could be crucial, especilly in such a big game. I really do hope aspinwall is fit becuase after Carney he is the best possible player we have got for the wingers role.
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Not sure about Wild, someone was saying to me they prefer him to Brown for his strength and power near the try line, but I think I prefer Browns tackling.
I'm sorry but on recent form, who in their right mind would say Wild over Brown?! With his build and height you would think he'd power through the defence but he just doesn't. In fact he slows down when he gets to the defence line and goes down straight away. We're not playing tick rugby love.

Which brings me to Terry O'connor, how could we leave him out of a final? In the last few matches he hasn't been at his best but if there's a time we're going to need him, it'll be this final. He loves these big games and I don't think he'd let us down. He also seems to have toned down his anger a bit, and in a big match like this we need a bit of self control. He's experienced, strong and reliable. I'd keep him in.

Not so sure about Cassidy, I think he's very under rated at times although I do agree that he does drop the ball a fair bit (like Hodgy used do)
However he is experienced and at times you can rely on him to make quite a few yards, again with an atmosphere like Sat will be, I think he'd play a good match.

I also want to see O'loughlin in the team. He's another lad with a great attitude and you never see him slacking off if it looks like we're going to lose.

In the end it comes down to which players want to win that trophy the most. I kno the whole team will want to be involved but the starting line up has got to be based on recent performances.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
!*WiGaN BaBe*!

Post by !*WiGaN BaBe*! »

oh my god i cnt believe it its the only convo about luke robinson that has been good
i really hope he plays in the final he well deserves it and its not like hes got no final experience hes been in the grand final think how much pressure was there!!!