Danny Orr

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Woodentop07

Danny Orr

Post by Woodentop07 »

Was wondering what will happen with danny next season??think he has bee awesome since nobby came in!he gives his all and i would not like to see him leave tho i fear that could happen with barrett and leuluai(?) coming!!
Wigan til i die!!
DaveO

Re: Danny Orr

Post by DaveO »

Woodentop07 posted:
Was wondering what will happen with danny next season??think he has bee awesome since nobby came in!he gives his all and i would not like to see him leave tho i fear that could happen with barrett and leuluai(?) coming!!
I think the club would be mad to have three of its 20/25 players as half backs when we need to strengthen in the centres. And also at prop now Logan is leaving as Sulthorpe isn't a patch on him.

The solution seems obvious toe. Orr at s/h, Barrett at s/o. Orr can (and does during the game sometimes) play scrum half so why go for two new half backs whan you know one of our current ones is on top form and is also contracted to the club for another year?

Dave
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

DaveO posted:
Woodentop07 posted:
I think the club would be mad to have three of its 20/25 players as half backs when we need to strengthen in the centres. And also at prop now Logan is leaving as Sulthorpe isn't a patch on him.

The solution seems obvious toe. Orr at s/h, Barrett at s/o. Orr can (and does during the game sometimes) play scrum half so why go for two new half backs whan you know one of our current ones is on top form and is also contracted to the club for another year?

Dave
Agreed, only young players with great potential like Leului are hard to find and don't come up too often so i think Wigan would be daft not to snap him up! Lets not forget that we are loosing quite a few players next season including Dallas, Dobson and Logan, plus i would imagine that a hand-full from the following, Vialeki, Richards, Godwin, Mcavoy and Tickle will either be paid-up and released or sold on! I think Wigan still need to be looking for at least one world-class centre, another good prop to replace Logan, and maybe another winger!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'm with DaveO on this one, which is somewhat unusual in itself... :wink:

3 months ago, I'd have been all for getting rid of Orr and bringing in Leuluai, but with Danny's recent return to form I don't see the need for another half back (or another hooker, for that matter) in the 20. I feel that either would be a waste of a 20/25 spot.
Outside of the starting 17, I'd have a prop, a second rower and a utility back as the three others in the 20.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Martin Taylor posted:
DaveO posted:
Woodentop07 posted:

Dave
Agreed, only young players with great potential like Leului are hard to find and don't come up too often so i think Wigan would be daft not to snap him up! Lets not forget that we are loosing quite a few players next season including Dallas, Dobson and Logan, plus i would imagine that a hand-full from the following, Vialeki, Richards, Godwin, Mcavoy and Tickle will either be paid-up and released or sold on! I think Wigan still need to be looking for at least one world-class centre, another good prop to replace Logan, and maybe another winger!
thought the irish pin up boy was coming back :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Dave[/quote] Agreed, only young players with great potential like Leului are hard to find and don't come up too often so i think Wigan would be daft not to snap him up! Lets not forget that we are loosing quite a few players next season including Dallas, Dobson and Logan, plus i would imagine that a hand-full from the following, Vialeki, Richards, Godwin, Mcavoy and Tickle will either be paid-up and released or sold on! I think Wigan still need to be looking for at least one world-class centre, another good prop to replace Logan, and maybe another winger! [/quote]

Only one???
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Has nobody else picked this Danny Orr has been playing at scrum half for most of the match since the Salford game .In fact a Salford speccie pointed this out to me and he has ben doing this ever since.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 posted:
Has nobody else picked this Danny Orr has been playing at scrum half for most of the match since the Salford game .In fact a Salford speccie pointed this out to me and he has ben doing this ever since.
Well I thought Dobson was playing s/h most of Friday but then I wasn't watching who fed the scrum particularly. I think Orr can do the job at s/h amyway and the roles of s/o and s/h seem far more interchangable these days then even a short while ago when Edwards and Gregory were playing.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I see nothing wrong with having 3 half backs in your 20/25. However, we are a prop light, and a couple of outside backs. We probably need to offload a backrower or two.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
I see nothing wrong with having 3 half backs in your 20/25.
Why not? Surely the ideal is two experienced half backs in the top 20 and and an up an coming junior snapping in the U21 at their heals?

If you gave three top class half backs in the top 20 then one of them is going to get fed up pretty quickly.

That would have been true in the past as well before the 20/20 or 20/25 came about. We let the likes of Blakley and Cardiss go because they could not get a game and I can't see Orr or Luelie (spelling?) being happy to be in the U21's week in week out.

Dave