32 = 16

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

32 = 16

Post by WiganWarrior »

Well it wasnt what i was hoping for :(

I dont think we played well enough to deserve it, we just made too many errors and gave saints the game.

i hate sean long !!!
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
ian.birchall

Re: 32 = 16

Post by ian.birchall »

and Karl Kirkpatrick, how big will Feunati get on his ban? :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

First of all I was disappointed in not being able to get to the game but now after watching it I feel even worse!I don't want to start slagging the team off but I'm sorry you simply cannot play like that in any game let alone a Cup Final and expect to win!
Far to many basic errors,no backing up,poor passing and as for the tackling,at times it was pathetic!
I hate to say but Saints deserved it,we just did'nt play on the day!
Raven04

Post by Raven04 »

chorleywarrior posted:
First of all I was disappointed in not being able to get to the game but now after watching it I feel even worse!I don't want to start slagging the team off but I'm sorry you simply cannot play like that in any game let alone a Cup Final and expect to win!
Far to many basic errors,no backing up,poor passing and as for the tackling,at times it was pathetic!
I hate to say but Saints deserved it,we just did'nt play on the day!
yeah am still sat hear in shock! we wernt playin to bad in the first half! surpose there are sum positives that can be taken from that performance! dont no what yet tho! and as for sean long as man of the match? are thay on drugs? :lol: but must agree to meny basic errors! and well lets get over it and try and put it down to one of them games! most 50-50 desisions went against us! or that what i thought! and i must say that i still am not impressed with danny orr! yep he was good for cas but its a case of good player in a crap side(at cas am on bout) am gutted tho! :( :(
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Just got home from a very very long and tiring day, feeling rather fed up too!

I thought the first half was quite a good performance from us, we were unlucky to be 10 behind at the break. I think the Sculthorpes steal and Newtons disallowed try killed us, and when they scored just before half time it made things even worse.

Also, what planet was the touch judge on? It was blatent that Saints winger ran into touch yet the linesman told Kirkpatrick he didn't go over. Then later on when Dallas was trying to keep the ball in play he was 100% he was in touch! That and the steal on Faz are just two instances when I felt 50-50s went against us, but it seemed to happen all the way through the first.

In the second half we just seemed to roll over and die and the game was their's, we made mistake after mistake, I was suprised to see O'Loughlin with a few handling errors and there was some very sloppy tackling. I am also still unimpressed by Orr, I thought he made one or two good moves in the first 15 minutes but after that, nothing worth talking about.

Me, Mario and our mates were unlucky enough to be sat in the Stains end but we stayed and clapped the lads when they got their medals (stupid them getting them last wasn't it!) and got lots of stick on the way out. But we enjoyed ourselves singing "Oh Saint Helens is full of ships," it made a few Stains fans angry so it was well wotrth it!

Now I need to drink plenty of water and get my voice back for Wakefield away, come on Wigan!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

gutted... :( totally gutted :(

didn`t think we would play like that yesterday, u just knew as soon as radz was forced into the error after two mins we were in trouble! but we fought back from that well, as most point out the try just on the half killed us. don`t think browny had his best game.. he looked like a deer in the headlights at times.. he wasn`t the only one mind!( dunno why, he had played enough big games now..) nor orr. i`m sure people are gonna give him stick but i`m gonna hold judgement on the lad.

personally i think second half we tried TO hard.. tried to force things. if we would have scored first second half i think we would have won..
but you know that is the way it goes, guess saints deserved the cup yesterday. they put there chances away when they came along which made them the better team on the day. fair play to em, don`t mean i have to like it!! :angry:

thought hock was great!!! and the radz tackle on albert...!! fantastic! lammy played well as did faz.. a few plus points
feel sorry for the boys.. they must be devastated, that they can`t send gregory away with a medal..

still feel gutted!!!! it is an horrible feeling!
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

We never looked like getting back into the game in the second half. They controlled the game very well having the luxury of a 10 point lead that they should never have had.

Clearly a try when the ball was ripped away from Farrell (in a two man tackle - so how could we not get any decision there) and called back from a 50 metre break for a forward pass that never was so that they could score from the possession gifted to them. Gutless refereeing with the second of two head shots on Brown (on report really helps us doesn't it?) and numerous late hits on Lam which Kirkpatrick chose not to see.On top of this, a mann of the match who shouldn't even have been allowed to play.

Too many second half errors which cost us a chance to get back in the game. Can't remember who passed the ball a yard above Brown's head, but he'd have had a clear run with a decent pass.

Anyone else think the in goal areas were a bit deep? They used them well, gaining extra sets of 6 at crucial times.

Disappointing all round. I think you have to be full strength and firing on all cylinders against them at the moment. The loss of Carney and the fact that Lam hasn't been able to reach top gear yet were big losses for us.

The day was far too long too. Not being able to leave until 90 minutes after the final hooter was a pain. That could've been better organised with the two sets of coaches in different places, so that ours could get away quicker.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Totally gutted. Hope the journey home wasn't too bad for you all. Thought Kirkpatrick made some appalling decisions. Forward pass that clearly wasn't forward, Faz having the ball ripped from him (tho haven't seen the replay clearly yet and maybe biased) Stains knock on in 2nd half and get the feed to the scrum (must have introduced a new law late on Friday nite). And how many high tackles did they get away with. Forget who it was that Pongia was supposed to have caught high but I though he ducked into him and he got penalised. Saw much worse throughout the day. Isn't kirkpatrick from Warrington. Revenge cause we stuffed 'em in the semi's perhaps. Or is it me.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I agree that there was some bloody strange refereeing there. I forgot about that so called forward pass, I am borrowing the tape later so I will be able to relive the terrible decisions.

There were a couple of late ones on Brown and when you compare the size of Feaunati to Brown you have punish the guy, at least 10 minutes in the bin! I thought Kirkpatrick let quite a few high shots go, not just from Saints but also from us. I will have to see the Dallas one again to see whether he took the shoulders or the neck but there were a few pretty harmless high tackles that when they mount up you have to say something, Kirkpatrick didn't bother though.

As for Long and Gleeson playing, well I wouldn't have wanted any excuses had we won and if they hadn't played and we had won it wouldn't have been right, much as it pains me to say it, they deserved it for the run they had.

I am certain now though that our stand off needs to be looked at very closely. We have an extremely good, experienced, natural stand off in Danny Orr but he is playing very poorly, so you have to drop him until he proves he's worthy of the role. We have Sean O'Loughlin and Kev Brown that can play there. You think to our best game this season on Good Friday, O'Loughlin was at no.6. I say we play him there and make Orr fight for his place, he's not going to improve otherwise!

We were chatting to Stains fans on the train home and we had a good laugh with some of them. They seemed sympathetic with some of the reffing decisions, they thought we should have had a penalty try when Scully ripped the ball out (even though Newton put it down) and that Feaunati should have been punished.