mini rant

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
linz

mini rant

Post by linz »

at work today the fisrt thing one of the punters (i work in a bookies) said to me was 'ha ha'. he then went on to tell me that how bad my team were and that they hadn't been in the game at all yesterday. i was so angry. it's bad enough that we had to lose to saints but then to be told all that by someone who doesn't have a clue about league was nearly too much for me! i had to keep telling myself that hitting him round the head with the racing post would probably get me the sack. now i just keep thinking that it might have been worth it!
Red Hot Mama

Re: mini rant

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Please forgive me but this is my first post and I feel terrible that I am starting with a rant. Did anyone else go the the homecoming yesterday. What a let down. I thought it was a disgrace that only a handful of players deemed it necessary to repay the support of the fans by signing autographs. It cost us at least £200 to go to Cardiff on Saturday. The least they could have done was to talk with the fans. Thanks to Lam, O'Connor, Rads, M Smith, C Smith, Orr, Carney and O'Loughlin. My children were so very disapointed (and they weren't the only ones) that the others just about put in an appearance then went off to be dined with the dignitaries. I must be mistaken but did the Mayor etc put them up on their pedestals or was it the working class fans. I spoke to a lot of people leaving who felt as agreaved as me. Thanks for letting me have my moan. I think I will write to the club. I hope my next post is on a much more positive note. :(
Brian's Girl

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I have to say I can understand why the players weren't exactly enthusiastic about spending a lot of time with the fans. Think of it from their point of view - we were disappointed we lost but we have got work on Monday and meeting some of the players yesterday helps us get over it, it will hit them much harder because they blame themselves for not winning. They stayed Saturday night in Cardiff and left at 11am to then goto the ground, the only thing on their minds will be to go home and spend some time alone in their own homes with their families.

I too went yesterday and I when I went to take a picture of Kris Radlinski he said to me and a few others, don't expect me to smile for them I'm feeling fed up. Adrian Lam and Mark Smith were also down and you could tell they didn't really want to be there. I'd hardly call it a disgrace. On the way out I saw Pongy and Hock getting their bags, they looked like they just wanted to get their stuff and go. I'm sure if you go when we win the Grand Final this year :D you'd be extremely happy with their attitudes.
mario

Post by mario »

Don't know about anyone else,but after Wigan lose any game i just want to go home and go to bed. It must be worse for the players and especially in a cup final. I don't suppose they wanted to go and meet the mayor either, but it will be part of thier duties as a player. They probibly just wanted to go home and take thier mind off the game.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

When wigan lose, I go home, get lots of chocolate, a hot water bottle, few pints of lager and sit in a spiteful silence whilst saying every possible swear word I can think of in my head. Didn't do very well at keeping these words in my head on Sat and I apologise to anyone sat around me, I couldnt control it at all!

As for the homecoming, I thought them even turning up was brave! They didn't know how many people would come and they were feeling fair s***, was a lovely day and they didn't disappear off to go drinking or owt like that. On my way home I saw Aspi in a taxi going straight home looking very down, and Kev, Betts and Orr all getting their suitcases ready to go.

Im glad I went, put me in a good mood!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!