Bizarre tries

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Bizarre tries

Post by cpwigan »

Jamie Ainscough for me :D

Versus Saints in 2002 I think. he dived far too early chasing a kick though, as he slid forward on his back, his head trapped the ball and he simply placed his hand on the stationary ball to score.
adrenalinxx

Re: Bizarre tries

Post by adrenalinxx »

The first try scored by St George in the NRL this weekend when the players was diving to pick up the ball lost control of the ball, the ball then hit his head and bounced back into his arms and he scored.

My dad told me that Nick Graham was awarded a try against Bradford a few years ago when he didn't even have the ball but I'm not sure if that happen as i never saw it.

chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

pat richards:

every single one :lol: :lol:
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

One of my favourite all time trys was against Stains at central park, Henry Paul chased the drop out caught the ball and scored under the sticks, pure magic.
wigan rugby

Post by wigan rugby »

i no i hate saints but that when they played bradford and it was the playoffs and the last play of the game and the ball went through 19 pers of hands and chris joint scored the winning try i hate saints but that was superb
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dawber posted:
One of my favourite all time trys was against Stains at central park, Henry Paul chased the drop out caught the ball and scored under the sticks, pure magic.
I was thinking about that one but couldnt remember if it really happened or if id dreamed it :blush:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Dennis Moran scoring 4 against Oldham for Widnes... he now has 16 tries in a Widnes shirt... Idiot!

Same as Dawber... Henry Paul v St Helens in the 90s... drop-kick from the wigan line... skints players let it bounce... Paul ran up, took the ball on the half way and ran freely to score at central park.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Jake

Post by Jake »

ancientnloyal posted:
Dennis Moran scoring 4 against Oldham for Widnes... he now has 16 tries in a Widnes shirt... Idiot!

Same as Dawber... Henry Paul v St Helens in the 90s... drop-kick from the wigan line... skints players let it bounce... Paul ran up, took the ball on the half way and ran freely to score at central park.
I remember this try did Sean Long take the drop out? Stevo was calling for Henry Paul to be judged offside.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Terry O'Connor against Stains at Central Park.
dropped the ball, ref didn't go to the screen and then they showed it being dropped several times on the big screen. Widest smile you have ever seen from Terry!

In more recent times, it had to be the Renouf / Rads try against Bradford in the dying seconds to tie and then Faz kicked to win :) :D
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
XxX_Wigan_Til_I_Die_XxX

Post by XxX_Wigan_Til_I_Die_XxX »

it didnt actually turn out to be a try, but a few weeks ago when danny orr chased the ball and ended up going too far and running into the boards at the end of the pitch. i found that really funny lol. and any try that o'loughlin has scored this season, he plays badly most of the time yet manages to score nearly every match, which baffles me.
...*...[..e..m..m..a..]...*...