haliquins preparing to lose Leuluai

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
king carney

haliquins preparing to lose Leuluai

Post by king carney »

Just announced that Harliquins have signed Julien Rinaldi from catalan . . . . is this quins replacing
Leuluai before its announced he is coming to wigan?

dont get me wrong i dont have a friend of a friend who knows anything im just trying to put 2 and 2 together and not come out with 18 lol :D
mrs_carney

Re: haliquins preparing to los...

Post by mrs_carney »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... alans.html

Thats what it says in the story, he wants to hold down the scrum half role and harlequins are making way for the loss of leuleuia to wigan. He's never really made me think "wow" i wish he was at wigan, but who knows :conf: Be so much easier if we could keep Dobbo
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
king carney

Re: haliquins preparing to...

Post by king carney »

i never really thought 'wow bring him to wigan' but then again i didnt think that about a few players that havent let us down!
if nobby wants him after what he has done at wigan and bradford who are we to argue!
we cant expect to keep dobbo he needs to prove himself in the NRL. He like myself wants to play for his country. he stands more chance in oz plus he stands a chance of getting picked for the state of origin!
Nine

Post by Nine »

Let's be honest, though - who on here thought "Wow, let's bring him to Wigan" when Dobbo was playing for the Catalans? :conf:

If we do get Leuleuai, at least we're getting an international and young one at that. My main concern is not his playing ability, but his injury-prone-ness in the past year. Hopefully, he's just had a bad run and is now coming out the other end of it.
Squad number 18!
bertina

Post by bertina »

Nine posted:
Let's be honest, though - who on here thought "Wow, let's bring him to Wigan" when Dobbo was playing for the Catalans? :conf:

If we do get Leuleuai, at least we're getting an international and young one at that. My main concern is not his playing ability, but his injury-prone-ness in the past year. Hopefully, he's just had a bad run and is now coming out the other end of it.
What then happens to Danny Orr?
Can we afford to have a player holding a 20/25 spot sat on the touchline most of the time.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Be nice to know who's going and who's staying generally. Hudds have announced who they're letting go, would be nice of wigan to do the same to kill all the speculation.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
The call is really, Will Danny Orr have more positive influnce on Wigan than Leuluia?
Thats the million dollar question doug, We have a new stand off next year with a big reputation, and a world class tag, Will Danny relish being shunted out to a different position? Where as with Lulu he has a fresh start.On the other hand Danny could click with barrett who knows but its going to be interesting to see who goes and who stays!
Look at it another way.

One of them does not preform. They will be on the bench. Great motivation that.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am very pleased about this, having seen Leuluai in all his home games in London. He is a perfect foil for Barrett, dynamite near the line, with good hands and much better vision than Dobson (who seemed to pass by numbers to me).

We could play Barrett at 13, 7 or 6 and he'd be great, we could play Orr at 6, 7 or 9 and he'd be effective. Quins play with Dorn/McLinden/Paul/Leuluai in the same team, and pose lots of problems for teams, so we can accommodate these 3. It's a wealth of riches compared with past years.
adrenalinxx

Re: haliquins preparing to los...

Post by adrenalinxx »

Whats Leuluai's defence like?

Barrett is not the best defender in the world but he is ok but Orr is one of the best tacklers at Wigan and O'Loughlin probably does the most tackles for Wigan, so if Wigan did get Luluai and replace either Orr or O'Loughlin would that have a big impact on Wigans defence.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I have never thought of him as a weak link, but haven't made a study of it, so I suspect he's good enough.