Wakey or Cas or Don't care!?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Re: Wakey or Cas or Don't ...

Post by mike binder »

cas for me better club ,better day game and a much bigger following :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
FROM A TO B

Re: Wakey or Cas or Don't care...

Post by FROM A TO B »

Can't you add.
don't care, it's one less from the "dark side" :lol:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

i want cas to stay up so we can sign solomono for free and laugh in wakeys face as we offered good cash for him earlier in the season
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Two sides to the coin for me! I dislike Kear with a passion, so would love to see him put in his place. However, from a selfish perspective, if Cas go down, it will probably see the return of big D Sculthorpe to Wigan!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I can't decide myself. Part of me wants Cas to go down so that we'll definately get Scully back and I also admire the work that Kear has put in at Wakey recently. It was an amazing game against Bradford and I think their form of late is deserved of a place in SL.

However, the form of Cas up until recently was good and they've played some good rugby with a lot more home grown players.

When it comes to the grounds, neither is much to speak of is it? Both old style grounds with wonky terraces, neither has decent parking facilities but I suppose Wakey edges it because it's easier to get out of than Cas (less traffic).

Fans-wise... I'm not really sure, Cas have more I suppose, I've experienced idiots at both grounds in the past.

I suppose the only fair way for me to decide is to watch the match on Saturday and whoever plays best I want to stay up, and whoever plays best will stay up!
yokozuna

Re: Wakey or Cas or Don't care...

Post by yokozuna »

Want Cas to stay up, as I'd love to see John Kear's team relegated and Hull go on and win the Grand Final.

:sly:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I would like to see Cas stay up purely on the notion that they have been down, and instead of capitulating they increased their attendences, got on with the job, made it back into superleague, increased their attendences again, and are competitive! I believe they deserve to stay up on attendences alone, as they regularly have double the wakefield attendences! Wakefield supporters dont deserve a team in superleague and I think attendences will drop even more if they go down as they are very fairweather supporters!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mixed feelings, really. I don't care which of them goes down, but I do think whoever comes up will be weaker than either.
The sooner we do away with the failed experiment that is P&R, the better, but in the meantime, the league should definitely be expanded, IMO.
The share of Sky money is often given as the reason clubs won't vote for the expansion, but some simple maths shows that it would only make about £10,000 pa difference to the existing clubs (roughly equivalent to an extra 700 paying fans over the whole season).
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Shame on you GeoffN how can you say that the team coming up will be weaker? just go and have a look on the Leigh board and look at what they think.
They are going to be promoted this year, then trash Wigan at the Millenium stadium and finish in the top six, now thats confidence for you. :lol:
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Dawber posted:
Shame on you GeoffN how can you say that the team coming up will be weaker? just go and have a look on the Leigh board and look at what they think.
They are going to be promoted this year, then trash Wigan at the Millenium stadium and finish in the top six, now thats confidence for you. :lol:

and put every player they have in a GB jersey irrespective of them being a UK passport holder or not