WORST REFEREEING PEROFRMANCE YOU'VE EVER SEEN!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: WORST REFEREEING PEROF...

Post by cpwigan »

:D Don't worry Rob, in the small number of games I have refereed I have been rated by the intelligence on the touchlines as a crook, cheat and incompetent. Read an article about a referee answering the crowd back and he was told off for it. I must confess I always gave anybody some back politely. Used the tried and tested, here's the whistle care to try and nobody ever took me up on the offer. My fav was a parent complaining how long the half was taking, saying it should be over when his team intercepted and ran 60 yards to score. As i walked back i simply said did somebody mention the time? no reply :)
MonoG

Post by MonoG »

Ashley Clown at Warrington last year he must have introduced 5 or 6 new rules including penalising nat woods shoe laces for leggin him up
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
:D Don't worry Rob, in the small number of games I have refereed I have been rated by the intelligence on the touchlines as a crook, cheat and incompetent. Read an article about a referee answering the crowd back and he was told off for it. I must confess I always gave anybody some back politely...
The funniest thing I found was how easy it was to switch off from what was going on on the sidelines, ignoring parents, fans, coaches, etc. Ignorance and arrogance, the main tools to good refereeing haha.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Cummins; World Cup Final? He was terrible from the first minute
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
LKC29

Re: WORST REFEREEING PEROFRMAN...

Post by LKC29 »

Cummings at any wigan vs saints game!!!! He always tried to make sure saints were within striking distance of us
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

It has to be the leon price incident in grand final against carney,

also away at wakey in the last minute when Pat richards had the ball ripped out and caught it again

:conf:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Linzi

Post by Linzi »

All referees are brilliant. I don't know how anyone can complain, it's such a hard job that they do! Give them the credit that they deserve!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Linzi you have been brainwashed by a certain young gentleman :D
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

cpwigan posted:
More like i left myself logged on! :lol: :blush:
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

Linzi posted:
cpwigan posted:
More like i left myself logged on! :lol: :blush:
Actually, no I've changed my mind, referees are actually magnificent!!