(off topic) direction to JJb

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
highland convert

(off topic) direction to JJb

Post by highland convert »

Planning a move south perminantly to be nearer the family. It will be posible from the new locatuon to make it to JJB. Which station would I be aiming for? I see wigan has three. What is journey time from the station? Train seems a better bet than driving down. HC
Fujiman

Re: (off topic) direction to ...

Post by Fujiman »

highland convert posted:
Planning a move south perminantly to be nearer the family. It will be posible from the new locatuon to make it to JJB. Which station would I be aiming for? I see wigan has three. What is journey time from the station? Train seems a better bet than driving down. HC
Wigan only has two stations and they are virtually next door to one another. The ground is then only a 15min walk away
highland convert

Re: (off topic) direction...

Post by highland convert »

Thankyou thats great. Planning to move south to the edinburgh ared. Thee hours by train to wigan. Makes it viable to come down for the occasional live game, cheers, Jim (HC)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I may be wrong but I think you would use Wigan North Western
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

yeah north western is the main line
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert posted:
Thankyou thats great. Planning to move south to the edinburgh ared. Thee hours by train to wigan. Makes it viable to come down for the occasional live game, cheers, Jim (HC)
The thought of moving South to Edinburgh seems weird, but, err....I see where you're coming from!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The West coast main-line rapes you! Costs me a fortune to get to Lancaster every day from Preston, it's cheaper from Horwich parkay > preston (obviously)... just make sure you have a lot of pennies saved to give to Mr Branson
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ancientnloyal posted:
The West coast main-line rapes you! Costs me a fortune to get to Lancaster every day from Preston,
I don't think that's really the railways behind that, it's someone sensible trying to discourage you from visiting the city that time forgot... Indeed, as anyone from Lancaster will know, you're only supposed to visit there by car so that you can experience the true wonder and excitement that is the city centre one-way system. It's good value for money, they don't charge you admission despite the ride taking about 3 hours for a complete circular tour of the traffic jam.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I know, buses get priority. Lancaster aint THAT bad I guess, except the St Martins lot.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:D I have been to Lancaster takes on a whole new meaning. I empathise with Fraggle. Lowther Park nearby is a nice place to spend a few hours.