Next season parking

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Next season parking

Post by Mike »

Just got my season ticket renewal brochure and a couple of things stand out.

There is a "member" class of supporters, but doens't seem to be worth it to me.

The other, more worrying thing is the parking situation. As has already been mentinoed, the "executive" car-park (the newly tarmaced one behind the east stand) will cost £35 for the year. BUt in the same section, the brochure states that "other car parks may be charged for". This reminds me of last year, when the club tried to start chraging for all carp parks. If this happens, I'll be very disapointed and parking on the retail section. :conf: Does anyone know how likely the club are to find a loop hole in their contract with the council and be able to impose charges for all their car parks, or is it just a sentence designed to scare you into buying the executive car parking space you've always wanted?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
adrenalinxx

Re: Next season parking

Post by adrenalinxx »

I always park a distance from the JJB and walk the rest because it's free and you avoid any traffic after the match, what other car parks are there for the JJB other than the one behind the East Stand and the retail park?
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Mike posted:
This reminds me of last year, when the club tried to start chraging for all carp parks.
Are they running a fishery now too Mike? :lol:
AndyJones

Post by AndyJones »

I normally park on the 'raised' car park, between the Red Robin and the stadium. But if they start to charge for it, ill find somewhere else and walk that little bit further to the stadium.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

ChrisA posted:
Mike posted:
This reminds me of last year, when the club tried to start chraging for all carp parks.
Must be a mist hake surly. :lol:

Cod only knows what they'll try next :lol: :lol: :lol:

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:( Sadly are esteemed owner and co are acting like dodgy door to door salesmen trying to fleece old people. Wigan Council have investigated the charges. JJB have advised them that about 600 of the 2500 spaces at the stadium are subject to charges. JJB are currently charging for 24% of their land. Planning laws require 75% of spaces to be available free.
Football wise, charges are$50 season ticket, £4 car, £10 mini bus, £20 coach.
An unamed planner says that JJB are still breaking the planning rules. When the plans were drawn up JJB claimed they had 2500 spaces. THat was based on cars being parked on their land nose to tail no in designated spaces. The fact is they calculated it on area of land, not on how many designated spaces there are. You could not physically get 2500 vehicles on their land and in that case they are charging beyond what they should be.
If the allocated spaces are taken up the parking scheme is generating a minimum of £2,400 per game, for the football. £100,000 was spent to introduce the move. The fees paid by football and rugby fans will easily recoup that.
NTA1

Post by NTA1 »

I always park on the large space with access if you are going to B&Q.

Its free and loads of room. According to stewards, because its not been tarmaced, there is no intention to charge.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

FROM A TO B posted:
ChrisA posted:
Mike posted:
Must be a mist hake surly. :lol:

Cod only knows what they'll try next :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok FINNish these awful play on words now! Sea your starting me off!