next years relagation fight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevo38

next years relagation fight

Post by stevo38 »

i think next seasons relagation battlers will be wakefield hkr london huddersfiel
DaveO

Re: next years relagation figh...

Post by DaveO »

stevo38 posted:
i think next seasons relagation battlers will be wakefield hkr london huddersfiel
Since that is over a third of the clubs in the competition who can be relegated that isn't saying much :wink:

I think it will be between HKR and err... HKR.

Assuming of course HKR win the Nl1 GF.

Dave
primrose-n-blue

Re: next years relagation figh...

Post by primrose-n-blue »

I don't think Wigan will be too far from the thick of it at the backend of next season.
I honestly believe Wigan did a bust or die this season, in a big way, and I trust some of you are afriad that you did too!
Be prepared for Wigan to receive around an 8 point deduction next season, the new bench mark of 20 points for safety will be a task 'n' half if its so.
Cruncher

Re: next years relagation ...

Post by Cruncher »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I honestly believe Wigan did a bust or die this season, in a big way, and I trust some of you are afriad that you did too!
Be prepared for Wigan to receive around an 8 point deduction next season, the new bench mark of 20 points for safety will be a task 'n' half if its so.
Well it's good to see you have a firm opinion on the matter.

Now you might like to spare a thought for your own team and the fact that in the two most recent seasons - when Wigan were out of sorts and a top 6 spot was there for free - you still didn't get close to winning anything. In fact, this last season, when Wigan were TRULY crap, and had two points deducted as well, you still only managed to finish four points above us.

So what's going to happen next year, if Wigan are back on form and if they only get deducted - say - six points, or four points, or if they don't get deducted any points at all? Where are Warrington going to finish then?

Are you so sure that your lot won't themselves be looking nervously at the 20-point safety-mark?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I don't think Wigan will be too far from the thick of it at the backend of next season.
b4 you post utter crap on here the rfl have allready been in and checked our books this year ,do you remember when a prop signed for us when we played you he wasnt allowed to play for us until we could prove we could fit him in the sallary,just at that timr we sent a few players on loan retired 1 or 2 and the rfl gave us the ok .So donrt be surprised next season when we dont get points deducted and youmdo ,yes if i was a wire fan i would have a tight bottom next season because yes 20 pts is a realistic target fo you ours is more like 40 :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Considering you were adamant that Wigan would be relegated this season - as in your opinion you could only see us winning 2 games of our last 8; you'll pardon me if I say you are talking crap - as always.

Warrington seem to be buying in older players - so in the next season or two your ageing squad could quite easily be looking at relegation.

The fact that you only finished four points above us after we were deducted points shows how close we came to the play-offs.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I don't think it will be anywhere near as close as this season - I rather fancy we'll be back to the usual scenario of the newly promoted club dropping off the pace early. Perhaps not quite as dramatically as Leigh did, but I'd say whether it's Wignes or HKR, they'll go back down.
Might be different if Haven win the GF, thereby keeping Cas up - we'll see.
NTA1

Post by NTA1 »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I think you are right. We must have gone over the salary cap this year and will be punished heavily when results are published
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mike binder posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:
b4 you post utter crap on here the rfl have allready been in and checked our books this year ,do you remember when a prop signed for us when we played you he wasnt allowed to play for us until we could prove we could fit him in the sallary,just at that timr we sent a few players on loan retired 1 or 2 and the rfl gave us the ok .So donrt be surprised next season when we dont get points deducted and youmdo ,yes if i was a wire fan i would have a tight bottom next season because yes 20 pts is a realistic target fo you ours is more like 40 :angry:
we have allready been investigated and given the ok when we signed fielden read my above post :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

NTA1 posted:
We must have gone over the salary cap this year and will be punished heavily when results are published
As has been said before, it is not certain that we have gone over the salary cap this year. If you look at the squad that ended the season, compared with the squad that began the year, there have been more players released than were brought in, loan signings and short-term signings who will have little impact on the overall salary for the season, several expensive players have gone off the books (Rads, Moran, Brown, Hargreaves) some of whom have not been replaced (Dobson will have been much cheaper than Moran; Rads played for free whilst Ashton was on less than £20k; even Fielden only played for half a season so his overall salary won't affect as much as some people might claim).

Assuming the club has managed the swaps in and out correctly, and the amount of activity suggests they were certainly trying to make sure that was the case, then we might find ourselves in the clear.

Last season was a bit different, I don't think many of us really understood the impact of keeping Hock and Lockers on the books despite being out for the season, with us also paying Faz for several months, Davico for a couple of months despite not playing, bringing in lots of kids but not releasing players to compensate for that... Lessons will have been learned from that.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]