Millard?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Millard?

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

anyone know if Shane Millard is on his way accross?

cant say i've ever been convince by him but then again i didn't rate Higham before his move from the dark side!

:conf:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

mike binder

Re: Millard?

Post by mike binder »

thought it said millward :lol: yes it his a big rumour on here
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

It's no rumour he has definately signed. However, I do have a rumour about it to post. Rumour has it he is on £70K!! Godwin has gone to Hull on £55K. :(
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Flash posted:
Good source, Jimmy? If that's true it just stinks!
The source is impeccable but is no longer linked with our club, hence my only putting it forward as a rumour.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Nobby has said he doesn't see the benefit of having 2 very similar hookers so, although he rated Godwin, he chose to replace him.

Have I mentioned the other rumour about Millard's shot knees? :roll:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Flash posted:
Oh please, no! So why is Nobby interested. Surely he must know about this?
I got both rumours from the same bloke but surely a medical will determine his fitness? :doz:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Neither am I. Like you I hope and pray he was given a thorough medical prior to us signing him. However, even fully fit he is surely past his best - and I am not too sure how good he was at his best!! Just do what I do Flash and trust Nobby!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Neither am I. Like you I hope and pray he was given a thorough medical prior to us signing him.
Like we did for Mark Hilton and Luke Davico...

As for the Millard/Godwin salary thing, what we don't know is how much Godwin asked for. If he was being paid £55,000 this year, but asked for (say) £90,000 for his new contract next year then the club have still gone for a cheaper option in Millard. I know Godwin said he didn't want to leave, but if the club made him an offer he thought was unacceptable then that might have been behind him leaving.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

wagga didnt count on the 20 20 rule this year thats how poor he was being paid ,i remember at a riversiders meeting the scouse agent saying wagga was the worst paid senior player at wigan :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

says in reporter that we are to revive our chase for him soon. i wouldnt mind millard coming. alot of people doubted higham would fill terry's boots but he has done just that and has been key for us since millward's exit. noble has brought the ebst out of him and he is one my favs. he shows alot of character and i jsut remember when he lifted the scarf over his ehad to the fines on fielden's debut, great guy. if millard comes, ill give him a chance as i do with all players. what we can say though is that noble is building a strong squad, or hoping to with all these players we've been linked with.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------