withers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: withers

Post by ancientnloyal »

Dennis Moran scores tries (for Wignes) and also, doesnt mean he's a good #7... I hate him, the idiot!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I thought Withers was way past it!, even though he isnt that old 29 i think, he has been injury prone! But watching him this season, its probably the 1st of many he has played the majority of games, and the way he nearly caught Hodgson last Sat was a grand effort!! I think Withers will be a great acquisition for Wigan and particulary for Ashton, who will learn lots from someone of Withers experience!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

adiddy posted:
I thought Withers was way past it!, even though he isnt that old 29 i think, he has been injury prone! But watching him this season, its probably the 1st of many he has played the majority of games, and the way he nearly caught Hodgson last Sat was a grand effort!! I think Withers will be a great acquisition for Wigan and particulary for Ashton, who will learn lots from someone of Withers experience!!!
Dodgy was only in second gear though! Withers is probably the second slowest fullback in SL, only Wellens is slower.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As long as Ashton remains at full back that is all I am concerned about. He must stay there now and develop.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Fraggle posted:
medlocke posted:
has anyone seen him play lately?
He scores tries and that'll do fer me
Can I remind you of that quote next time Lockers scores some tries for us? :lol: :lol:

But how often does lockers score them (and how many penalties does withers give away) :wink:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Re Withers I have been told the plan is to play him at FB with Ashton on the wing. This ties in with the story I heard about Mo discussing Pat Richards' departure with his agent. The agent, of course, is asking for the contract to be paid up in full.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

i've heard there's a possibilty of nobby playing him either on wing or at centre...not sure about him as a winger or centre tho!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

The way I heard it was "Chris is going to be devastated when he is moved". :(
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke posted:
has anyone seen him play lately?
He scores tries and that'll do fer me
He was Bradfords best player at the JJB last month
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Flash posted:
What is the point of this? Another player with a season or two at best as opposed to our potenetial fullback for the next 10 years. Are these no brainers really that hard or am I over simplifying things?
Who knows Nobby's thought processes? Maybe he feels he is protecting Ashton? :doz:

I do know one thing - Nobby was determined to shake our squad up and is unhappy about the amounts being paid to some. I expect further developments and wouldn't be surprised to see more transfer/signing activity.

I am worried about another season of wholesale changes but "in Nob we trust"!!