When are we gunna officially announce ...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MonoG

When are we gunna officially announce ...

Post by MonoG »

There are rumours and there are certainties (transfer wise) but when will things be officially announced bradford and harlequins and our seasons are over so why no domestic activity.

Any press confrences arranged for this week ...
Cruncher

Re: When are we gunna official...

Post by Cruncher »

According to a new rumour on RL Fans, there may not be as many certainties as you think.

Not saying this is true, but one story holds that young Lulu has failed his Wigan medical!!!!
DaveO

Re: When are we gunna offi...

Post by DaveO »

I think there is a game of RL on this weekend somewhere in Manchester involving Hull and some other insignificant team the name of which escapes me.

Once that is out of the way I think clubs (not just Wigan) will start to make announcements.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
Not saying this is true, but one story holds that young Lulu has failed his Wigan medical!!!!
That rumour also says the club are seeking a second opinion. Personally I think they should stick with the first!

If he failed it, he failed it and the last thing we need is DV MkII.

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO posted:
Cruncher posted:
That rumour also says the club are seeking a second opinion. Personally I think they should stick with the first!

If he failed it, he failed it and the last thing we need is DV MkII.

Dave
It struck me that this might be the first sign of Wigan possibly backtracking from the Lulu deal, but at present it's only a rumour so there's no cause for us to get excited.

I would hope, however, that if this lad really is causing the medical people concerns, then Wigan will have learned enough from the last two seasons not to buy him, even if they genuinely believe that he's better than Danny Orr.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I think Noble and Lindsey are making sure that they can get the players they want before confirming the transfers.

I think they are looking into who they can fit on the salary cap next season, once they have worked out which players they can afford they will move in and sign them but they don't want to rush the signing of one player to find that they then can't afford the two other players they want.

Noble might also be playing a waiting game with the rest of the SL, Huddersfield and Warrington have released alot of players and a few other clubs might do the same meaning there will be some free agents about who might sign for less. Finally Noble will be travelling down to Australia for the tri-nations after they have finished he will have some time to look at the Aussie and NZ clubs for any possible signings.

The signings will come but probably after the tri-nations have finished when Noble can consentrate fully on Wigan and he has his squad planned for next season.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im a bit confused about the comings and goings. I know about Barrett and Bailey (obviously0 and thats about it, officially as Im aware of.

To me, Orr is still a wigan player, obviously again, but ALL the media hype each day with new possible signings makes you feel like.... thinking...

YEP! WE'RE WIGAN.

Even Maurice once said a few weeks ago about 'its nearly time for wigan to be linking to just about every player'... and thats the case now.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'd say first priority is to sort out the renewal contracts for the players already here - deciding which of the Academy lads are wanted, and how much we're prepared (or can afford, under the cap) to pay them.
AFAIK, O'Loughlin hasn't been re-signed yet - that has to be the #1 priority, and perhaps an improved deal for Ashton, although his still has 12 months to run.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

If Wigan wait to long to start signing people there might be no one left or no clubs willing to sell, Hull FC have started their recruitment for next season well and Bradford have got a good buy in Michael Platt from Castleford.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
If Wigan wait to long to start signing people there might be no one left or no clubs willing to sell, Hull FC have started their recruitment for next season well and Bradford have got a good buy in Michael Platt from Castleford.
I thought you said previously you thought Noble was playing the waiting game seeing who he could pick up on the cheap?

Dave