To the Lockers knockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: To the Lockers knocker...

Post by lucky 13 »

lockers hock and ellis are a very good defencive , energetic and mobile back three, they are young as well ,given time together could serve GB well for many years . both wigan lads have come back off injuries and i think this next season they will be hard to handle
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

lucky 13 posted:
lockers hock and ellis are a very good defencive , energetic and mobile back three, they are young as well ,given time together could serve GB well for many years . both wigan lads have come back off injuries and i think this next season they will be hard to handle
good first post wellcome aboard ,hope you have a long stay watch the fraggle :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
DaveO

Re: To the Lockers knockers

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
He does not play and what happens to the GB defence and right side attack :wink:
Not that simple. Unfortunately.

Dave
medlocke

Re: To the Lockers knockers

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan posted:
He does not play and what happens to the GB defence and right side attack :wink:
That does not prove anything, so you are saying that if lockers plays in the next game we will. this lockers must be one fantastic player, oh no its the same one that was diabolical for the majority of the season, the same who was on a par with Moran, but because he is wigan born and bread he is forgiven for his crap play, sorry but i still think he is crap and should be shipped of to huddersfield. Lockers not playing has nothing to do with GB losing, we have already won our usual one game at international level, so we wont be winning anything else :wink:
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

i think o'loughlin being out put the whole team out of place, him and carney play very important roles. elis had to go to loose peacock slipped into second row and morley went to the front row, so that shows two players out of place.

Carney being out on the other hand put Pryce back to the wing and mcguire sliping into stand-off again. the mcguire and long partnership has deffinetley not happened yet. they don't jell well together
To be the best
you have to beat the best
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ChrisA posted:
thegimble posted:
cpwigan posted:
Spot on.

He plays in 2 we lose one narrowly and win the other. Hes missing and the defence goes awol.

Then again to some he can do no right so its his fault for been injured.
We faced a team who attacked us alot harder than in any of the 3 previous games, it had nothing to do with Lockers not being out there.
Same team though.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

just watched it. Anyone else notice thepunch on senior 20 secs in? however on this thread. Lockers would have made a big difference. Mcguire would have been on the bench and only because carney was out. Good poacher but no use elsewhere. Kiwi's must have been smiling when they read the teamsheet. Locker's the man, in their faces. Mcg. looking over the shoulders of the forwards getting in the way,hc
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

thegimble posted:
ChrisA posted:
thegimble posted: Spot on.

He plays in 2 we lose one narrowly and win the other. Hes missing and the defence goes awol.

Then again to some he can do no right so its his fault for been injured.
We faced a team who attacked us alot harder than in any of the 3 previous games, it had nothing to do with Lockers not being out there.
Same team though.
Same team, who played a completely different game, they might aswel have ha a new team out there, because they didnt play like they did in the furst game.

And if you really do think Lockers would have made the difference you are all implying, well, there really isn't much point me discussing it with you, as we see the game so differently.
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

Lockers would have made no difference at all.What killed us was the speed of their play the ball they were simply more hungry than us.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Mean Dean posted:
Lockers would have made no difference at all.What killed us was the speed of their play the ball they were simply more hungry than us.
I agree that the speed of their play the ball is what gave NZ the upper hand but O'Loughlin is very good at legally slowing down the play the ball, alot of people say O'Loughlin is always doing high tackles, we a few tackles go high but is aim is to keep the player standing for awhile before putting them on the ground, there are times in rugby when it is far better to go high rather than low one of those times is slowing down the play the ball.

O'Loughlin was not the player who would have saved Britain but I think Britain would have played better withe Locky in there.