GB V NZ - THOUGHTS!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: GB V NZ - THOUGHTS!!!!...

Post by cpwigan »

Some observations. Long / McGuire both defend wide left for their clubs. They cannot therefore be in the same team together. Pryce defends right. Hence, he compliments Long defensively.

Terry Newton. Is it me but Terry stank today (defence was woeful) and has been poor all series. He fails too often internationally. Roby has outshone him this series. Higham would have fared far better v the big Kiwis.

Senior struggles at right centre. He's very left sided. I would consider putting him on the left wing albeir Raynor has done okay.

Hate to say it BUT sometimes I watch the games and think Briers could have improved them attack wise. I hate the guy BTW and think he is a prat BUT we were limited to Long kicking. Long likes playing left side, Briers likes playing right side. Not a bad combo.

For all their superiority. The Kiwis got 2 lucky kick tries and we were robbedof 2 tries. We played with no ball. So the Kiwis did not have to play well. We shot ourselves in the foot and made them look like world beaters.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

robjoenz posted:
Are there not two video referees involved in the tri-nations?
Yep there is. The other one was an Aussie. Personally, i agree with the video ref decisions, not all of the actual refs decisions though. I think both teams got some bad calls from the ref, i think it just depends on who you support as to which you notice most. I don't know what happened to the rule that the ref had to be a neutral one though. It used to go that if it was NZ v GB then the ref was an aussie, or for GB v Aus the ref was a Kiwi. The video refs were one from each playing team. I don't understand why it's not still like that.

When the Kiwis are on their game like that there's no one that can beat them, they showed the Aussies that last year. I don't think any of the decisions were going to make a difference.

Despite the result i was very impressed with Peacock's performance. He didn't give up the entire game, had a great game.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

CP you are spot on maguire long is lightweight pryce has been good, wasted on wing , peacock was very good but still played more like a prop ,the modern game is quick and impact is important morley coming off the bench is ideal . newton looks fat to me even though i like him still not sure if he is a hooker . no half back could play on the back of that forward perfomance ,breirs would create more but also leak more defencively .why not play player's in club positions wingers on the wing ect
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would like to see more of these get togethers they have during the season to be coaching related. They seem to be team bonding.

We really do play dumb v New Zealand and there needs to be a serious look at the tackling technique being promoted in our game. I firmly believe you cannot be hitting over the top of the ball if our smaller than the opposition. If your big fine, if your not hit around the stomach and life them up.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Generally in agreement with all the comments but I am sick of us never getting a break. The ref was wrong not to overturn the 2 penalties when the Kiwis threw the ball at our players. Tries came from both incidents.
WRONG! You can't reverse a justly given penalty!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Rob I am sorry BUT your wrong on this one. You can
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
Apology accepted, but you're still wrong!

As soon as the first penalty is given the ball is dead and play must be restarted by taking the penalty.

A decision may be changed if the referee is given advice from a fellow official but he cannot reverse it for any reason.

A decision can be upgraded though, e.g. from a scrum/differential penalty to a penalty.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

robjoenz posted:
cpwigan posted:
Apology accepted, but you're still wrong!

As soon as the first penalty is given the ball is dead and play must be restarted by taking the penalty.

A decision may be changed if the referee is given advice from a fellow official but he cannot reverse it for any reason.

A decision can be upgraded though, e.g. from a scrum/differential penalty to a penalty.
So if you push me as I attempt to play the ball and the ref blows up and after that I throw the ball in your face he can't reverse the penalty?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Rob, penalising retaliahation after a penalty has already been awarded has been taking place since time began. Forget what your rule book tells you. That is what happens.

To show you how silly your notion is. Your essentially claiming once a penalty has been blown the game is dead. If that was the case then any player would be free to assault a player post penalty award, abuse the referee and the official could not move the penalty on nor take action. Think about what actually happens, not what your read in your little book.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
To show you how silly your notion is. Your essentially claiming once a penalty has been blown the game is dead. If that was the case then any player would be free to assault a player post penalty award, abuse the referee and the official could not move the penalty on nor take action. Think about what actually happens, not what your read in your little book.
It doesn't mean a player is free to assault the referee, an official or any other player, they can still be sent off but the original penalty still stands.

Now, cast your mind back to yesterday's match... England -v- Tonga. Crabtree was penalised for having hands in at the tackle. The Tonga reacted angrily, hit Crabtree and threw the ball at his head. The game restarted with Tonga kicking the penalty for touch.

Your explanation please? :wink: