Fielden's position

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Fielden's position

Post by lucky 13 »

:wink: kearney fletcher sonny bill all offload but you could say ball handling prop crooks for eg any player can have a offload in them .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
adrenalinxx

Re: Fielden's position

Post by adrenalinxx »

bigkarl posted:
Erm just like to ask about this bit?I don't think he has the ball handling skills to play at Second Row????? Since when has a second row bean a ball handler to me a second rower is a back up to the props they take a couple of drives and a very solid in defence.Ok solomona is a one of have you ever seen hock pass hansen fletcher( he does abit).I really have never heard of a ball handling second row.Other than solomona and THIS IS NOT A DIG lol Iam just saying I have never heard of it :conf:
Second Rows are considered the second wave of attack after the Props have taken the drives. The Second Rows are the ones looking to create the space for the backs and half backs to exploit, having good handling is key to doing that, Fletcher can draw players in and give a good pass to create breaks Hock can offload in the tackle and open up space.

There was a time in rugby league when second rowers were very similar to props and there are a few second rows around who play like props but many of the best team have second rows who are good with the ball in hand because it adds more options in attack, it is also the reason many centre and becoming second rows and vise versa